(Archived) Force close when creating text notes re: 1.4.1 Beta 5

EP2008

Can you check the following:

1. if you have enough diskspace.

2. logout, reboot and re-login

3. repeat the steps which cause force-close and check error log if it gives any hint.

1. Yes, approx. 30mb.

2. Didn't work.

3. Can you tell me where the error log is kept?

Also, I've just updated to the 1.5RC1 build and I'm still having the force close issue.

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, I'm getting exactly the same since the latest update (1.5.1 - ah, my sig's out of date) on my Nexus One with stock Froyo. So it's not an isolated case. Haven't yet tried installing and reinstalling.

Can't create text note; can't share to Evernote; can't create photo or audio note, or upload file. In short, can't create anything.

Have used the Report feedback button on FC dialog box to report a couple of them, but that seems to go into a black hole ;-).

Julie

For the record, I'm getting exactly the same since the latest update (1.5.1 - ah, my sig's out of date) on my Nexus One with stock Froyo. So it's not an isolated case. Haven't yet tried installing and reinstalling.

Can't create text note; can't share to Evernote; can't create photo or audio note, or upload file. In short, can't create anything.

Have used the Report feedback button on FC dialog box to report a couple of them, but that seems to go into a black hole ;-).

Julie

This occurred again for me with the latest version and uninstalling and deleting the Evernote directly and then reinstalling did correct the problem, but it's a very dirty way doing things if I didn't know any better (like a novice Android user).

I don't have an answer, but it seems that it doesn't know where the evernote directory is (or not able to get into it, etc). It's like in the old days we asked people to reboot window when there was any un-solvable problem.

One thing you may do for the next upgrade: logout of Evernote and then do the upgrade. If there is a problem again, use a free app call sendlog and give us the log. We can check it from there.

One thing you may do for the next upgrade: logout of Evernote and then do the upgrade.

Actually, just signing out (which takes over a minute - guess it can't find where to sign out from) and back in again resolves it.

That's a much better workaround than reinstalling.

Thanks

Julie

• 6 months later...

Archived