(Archived) Setting up new computer from old

rogbar

Idea

I'm setting up a new computer today, and have decided to do a clean install of everything instead of using Migration Assistant.

So I'll install Evernote 1.10.0 for Mac ... but is there anything else I should know? What's the best way to bring over my data, preferences, etc.? What files should I take from the old?

I appreciate any tips you can offer ...

3 replies to this idea

So long as you have your Evernote data synced with the servers, you shouldn't need to worry about your data. (always keep a backup, but that's a separate issue).

Evernote preferences are easy (unlike, say, Adium), so I wouldn't worry about bringing over EN preferences.

So long as you have your username and password, you should be fine, at least in regards to Evernote.

So long as you have your Evernote data synced with the servers, you shouldn't need to worry about your data. (always keep a backup, but that's a separate issue).

Unless you have any local/non-sync'd notebooks. In that case, you'd want to pull from your backup or export the local notes & import them into the newly created & downloaded database. I'm not Mac so can't give you specifics.

True…there are a couple of options:

1. Export the notebook (right-click, Export Notes) - export them as Evernote's format…not HTML

2. Go grab the whole Data folder (~/Library/Application Support/Evernote, if I'm not mistaken), and bring that. That will bring all of your notes, not just the local notebook. That is ideal for a faster transfer of notes, but less ideal for a clean install (the way I see it).

Archived