sync red exclamation mark appears

what is the red exclamation mark that appears on my desktop windows 10 evernote sync button whenever I hit sync...or it tries to sync?   & how do I fix it?

6.15.3.7881 (307881) Public (CE Build ce-53.2.6641)

thanks,

wb

• Level 5*

This means that you have a sync problem with one or more of your notes. I think if you hold down the Ctrl key while you click on the Sync button, you'll get more information. Also the activity log (Help / Activity Log...) might have some clues. You can also switch to a list view, and look for the Sync column (you might need to add it), then sort by that column to identify the problem notes.

• 2 months later...

Hi, my sync button shows a red exclamation mark as well on my desktop app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice but its still there. I also have the most updated version downloaded and am perfectly connected to the internet. I switched to list view and it didn't show me any notes which were having sync issues (column is clear) - btw, how do I switch back to normal view? My last saved note was over a week ago.

When I use evernote web my notes are saving and synced with my mobile device - it's only my desktop app that's got a bug. I've attached the activity logs. Please help! 

image.png

Evernote_6.16.4.8094_20181211.log

• Level 5*
On 12/10/2018 at 8:53 PM, kryskross said:

Hi, my sync button shows a red exclamation mark as well on my desktop app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice but its still there. I also have the most updated version downloaded and am perfectly connected to the internet. I switched to list view and it didn't show me any notes which were having sync issues (column is clear) - btw, how do I switch back to normal view? My last saved note was over a week ago.

When I use evernote web my notes are saving and synced with my mobile device - it's only my desktop app that's got a bug. I've attached the activity logs. Please help! 

image.png

Evernote_6.16.4.8094_20181211.log

Hold the Ctrl key and press the sync icon.  This should display any notes with sync issues. If there are any, edit them to see if you can force a sync.

You can click on the View icon in the search information area to change views.  Or Ctrl + F5 thru F9 wiil change views.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived