MS Outlook web clipper not passing tags to Evernote

I spoke to Evernote Customer Support and was informed of the following:

Corey
Ok, so it looks like our development team is aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. In the meantime, as a workaround, tags will need to be added after-the-fact within Evernote.
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Honestly I don't understand why this would be so hard to fix. The Outlook clipper works great but just won't pass tags. I seem to recall it did this well at some point. 

I also wish it would have the option to open the note in EN after posting it, but that's probably trickier. I though it used to do that too but may have been my imagination.

Often I am posting an email to EN so I can do some work on it right away (convert parts of the email to tasks and then check them off as I do them). But I can work around that.

• 1 month later...

I have used Evernote for years, and am now trying to integrate it with Outlook. I encountered the same issue as @hanseric immediately upon installing the plug-in, and went looking to see if I was missing something.

I just wanted to comment to say I am encountering this issue, and really want to see it fixed. It makes the plugin half as useful, and is clearly a pretty major bug from the customer side.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Works for me!

There's a little tiny issue with the tags UI (tags stay in the Tags field after they've been added), but the tags DO pass to EN.

Be sure to close down Outlook and reopen it if you aren't seeing this working. Then test again.

Feel free to thank EN Helps on Twitter if you're so inclined.

I am seeing a small bug which I've reported (below), but at least the tags work!!