Mojave (Safari) with Evernote

I have heard that Mojave is going to break extensions in Safari.  Since I currently use the Evernote Extension in Safari to clip web articles, etc to my notebooks, what happens to that functionality with Mojave?  (Currently using High Sierra).

It's working fine for me, Evernote and all other extensions are behaving normally.

Apple isn't planning on stopping or breaking extensions per se, just that they want them on the App Store and have "broken" the ability to install an extension from a vendor website. I ran into that with one extension already, although I can't think of which, but it was also available on the Safari extension site, and it installed fine from there. The Evernote clipper is not available in the App Store currently, but is on the Safari Extensions site, and it will install from there properly. http://safari-extensions.apple.com

I assume eventually the Safari extension site will go away and everything will be migrated to the Store.

So the link above to  safari-extensions.apple.com    does not work any more.

So now where do we get a web clipper for Mojave?

I would like to upgrade, but Apple has done it again. They gave us nice new features, but they took away more than they gave.

It's time that Apple makes 2 versions of OS X, one with all the nanny features to stop people from harming them selves, and one for advance power users.

Otherwise, there is going to be a vacuum left for a good OS that lets the user decide what level of safety they want.

Anyway if anyone at Evernote is reading this, how about an official reply to let everybody know what you are doing about getting us a new Web Clipper.

I am a paid subscriber on an annual subscription, but I may just not bother, if you can't even write a working Clipper in advance of a new OS that is not compatible with your current app.

OK so on further research, I found that the link above to the old Safari Extensions gallery, does still work if you use HTTPS://

I was able to instal the Clipper and get it working. Still not a very end user friendly solution.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wwalkersd said:

Stephen_Bradley and SwenMan, thanks for that!  The button in Evernote preferences to get the Web Clipper (Evernote 7.6 on Mojave 10.14.1) only takes you to a page with a download link for Chrome.  What's up with that?

Never noticed that, but yup, it sure does. Maybe they're pushing Chrome, for the same reason that they only implemented an "attach from Google Drive" button, and not say, Dropbox or OneDrive.

Archived