Evernote lost all of my data

Christina fauska

Idea

I just started using Evernote and even paid for the membership and I put in all my family receipes. But next day when I went on almost all of them where gone wiped clean. I’ve placed 2 support tickets but no one has contacted me. If this is how Evernote handles things I want a full refund. Because I’m not going to pay a company to lose all of my stuff.

6 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

@Leefamlex, does it say "Member since 2017" on the phone? If so, that at least eliminates the common problem of accidentally creating a new account when logging in. How many notes/notebooks do you think you lost? I can see that your account has some notes and notebooks in it from 2017 and 2018.

I'm a Premium member. On my Mac I have the appearance of 'new' membership and evidently no access to my original account. A few notes have now been created in the Web account there, whereas on my iPad I still have access to a plethora of valuable notes. What do I need to do to have both accounts accessible on the Mac?

On 11/29/2018 at 7:51 PM, Scott T. said:

@Leefamlex, does it say "Member since 2017" on the phone? If so, that at least eliminates the common problem of accidentally creating a new account when logging in. How many notes/notebooks do you think you lost? I can see that your account has some notes and notebooks in it from 2017 and 2018.

Hi Scott, I would say I lost approximately 40 notebooks. Can't find them. At one point I think it said I can only access my notes on two devices, so I disconnected my old iPhone 6s. But I don't see any way to register my new iPhone XR. And I've also lost access to my notebooks from my other device. INFURIATING!

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you for your continued patience!

@Christina fauska I was able to locate your ticket, and it looks like our agents have assisted you. However, please reach out to me directly if you're still having trouble.

For those of you logging in and your account looks completely empty, it may be that you have accessed a separate/different Evernote Account.

Often, users accidentally create a secondary account and believe that their actual account has been deleted/cleared out:

Usually, this occurs when a user creates an Evernote Account using an email address with a typo/misspelling. The user then uses that account for some time and logs out. Then, when they log back in with their correctly spelled email address, they are actually logging into a new account.

Or, the reverse happens and the user creates an Evernote Account using a correctly spelled email address. However, the next time the user logs out/logs in, they have a typo/misspelling in the email address they use to login, and accidentally create a second account.

Please double-check and make sure your login credentials are accurate and correctly spelled.

Additionally, @Leefamlex and @Peter B White, I'll follow-up with directly via DM.

Archived