New White Tray Icon is hard to see amongst a lot of icons

The old green and black icon had contrast and was easy and fast to pick out.   Now the all white or maybe its slightly gray, icon, well its not so easy to find.   Please see if you can add some constrasting color to it to make it more accessible for everyone.  

On 9/28/2018 at 12:03 PM, AdamMR said:

The old green and black icon had contrast and was easy and fast to pick out.   Now the all white or maybe its slightly gray, icon, well its not so easy to find.   Please see if you can add some constrasting color to it to make it more accessible for everyone.  

Further to AdamMR's question, why has the green logo/icon ( the Evernote colours otherwise seemed not to have faded to almost white) been down coloured to almost disappear on the task tray. 

BRING BACK THE GREEN ICON

• Level 5

I agree that the new taskbar logo, green but with no background color, is very hard to see; and the new white-outline tray icon just looks ridiculous, when I do manage to see it. Hard to enjoy the thought that some of my Premium subscription money went to pay the too-cool-to-be-useful design professionals that came up with this stuff.

• Level 5*

Agreed. I find the new quick launch and system tray icons more difficult to locate at a glance than the old icons.

This rebranding is a good reminder that design can work against function when the design is motivated by factors that have nothing to do with function.

• 2 weeks later...

I am completely baffled at this dopey move.  Evernote had some uniqueness in the tray—it was easy to see when it was up and running and quick to find.  Now it blends in with everything else.

Why they waste development resources on changing icons and fiddling with the "look" is beyond me.  They not only annoy their users, but do little to attract new ones.

How about instead spending some time so that TAB actually works like a tab instead of just adding 4 spaces, which is completely pointless and useless to align text vertically?  No, it's easier to muck with icon colors and then pat ourselves on the back.

Very disappointed.

I will add my request to allow for a more visually attractive Evernote icon.  On my desktop computer (Dell) the icon appears as the green elephant with dark background.

BUT on my Lenovo Yoga 920 notebook, the Evernote icon is a tiny green elephant (hard to see) on a WHITE circle background.  I've unsuccessfully looked for a way to make the icon the same on both machines.  Do I have to go to the trouble of creating my own icon to get something to work that doesn't strain my eyes to find the app on the taskbar?

PLEASE release a choice of Evernote icons so that those of us who fret over these little details can fix them to suit ourselves!!!!!

Sincerely,

-Hawk521

Archived