Penultimate Update?

Theo1231231

Idea

I'm simply wondering if Penultimate has been left alone, or if they're working on a major update with all this refreshing they're doing? 

I used to use Penultimate every day with my iPad Pro/Apple Pencil. It's obviously the best handwritten-note app to use with Evernote, but I'm afraid to get back into it because they haven't updated it in about a year. Is this being let go in an effort to "refocus?"

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

What a shame. Drawings in Evernote just don’t cut it. I love writing in a sketch book, then rearrange pages or copy and paste items. Rearranging stuff on a single page is a pain in Evernote.

I know that Notability is head and shoulders above Penultimate — but it does not cooperate with Evernote as smoothly. And without Penultimate, Evernote itself will not stay much longer.

So please, get your act together, Evernote! 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, tboettiger said:

I know that Notability is head and shoulders above Penultimate — but it does not cooperate with Evernote as smoothly.

Notability works well for me.
No integration with Evernote; I just use the IOS share menu to save the document to Evernote.

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Notability works well for me.
No integration with Evernote; I just use the IOS share menu to save the document to Evernote.

That’s what I meant: with Notability you have to share. In Penultimate I just make changes and close the book. No need for the extra step. Evernote updates automatically. 

• Level 5

We havent heard of it for a while now. I guess that at some point, functionlity of Penultimate will be brought into the inbuilt Evernote ( as they did for Skitch and killed it eventually). Its sad, but there is enough chaos for the main app itself, but even if it is brought around, i dont think it would give the same feel as the native app. 

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy said:

I guess that at some point, functionlity of Penultimate will be brought into the inbuilt Evernote

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows