Excited About Templates - Errors on further downloads after 20

pinbeak

I'm pretty pumped about the templates. Unfortunately, after downloading 20 of them, I started receiving the following message:

"...Unable to save. Check your connection and try again later..."

All other web applications I'm using are working fine.

Rebooted, logged off Evernote, logged back in. 

Is there a rush on the bank?

I, too, got this message on Web. When I tried to add more than 20 on my iPad, the error message says "You've reached the limit of 100 templates"

I only have 20 of them!

I think that Evernote might be counting all the failed attempts that I made on the web when I got the same, unhelpful error message as you.I've reported it, but no reply so far.

• Level 5

Hey Folks,

Thanks for reaching out!

There currently is an issue that is limiting the number of templates that can be downloaded to 20.

@charlali As you mentioned via the error message you received, the actual limit for the number templates that are saved to your account is 100, but the issue we're working to address is capping the limit at 20.

I'll follow-up with you all once I have more information as to when this will be fixed.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions!

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

As you mentioned via the error message you received, the actual limit for the number templates that are saved to your account is 100, but the issue we're working to address is capping the limit at 20.

This is getting better and better.
My templates are saved as notes; there's no limit, titles and tags are preserved, attachments are preserved.

So what you are saying is that I can't save any further templates - even my own - after I reach 100?

How useless an "update" is this?

Other than a few *very* minor bits it does nothing that the old version didn't do, and is limited to boot. I have well over 100 templates *now*, even without the new ones.

Supposedly new features, that aren't, pointless UI "upgrades", and yet years-old bugs lie languishing, untouched.

Stephen Silk

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, sasilk said:

Supposedly new features, that aren't, pointless UI "upgrades", and yet years-old bugs lie languishing, untouched.

A lot of people seem excited by the new templates feature, and the template repository is a nice resource for Evernote users, whether using them straight up or as ideas for one's own templates. That being said, it's an initial rollout, and there are likely to be evidently bugs and certainly room for improvement. I don't really need the new template feature, since I roll my own, but I'd hardly call them useless. I'd guess that 100 templates would be an outlier for most users (I use 5 or so on a regular basis, and I use Evernote every day), so general utility isn't much impaired by the limit, but hopefully for your sake they'll expand that, as 100 seems like an arbitrary choice (though the flip side of that is that choosing from a flat list of 100.templates isn't a UI that I'd relish using with any regularity; unless they floated most recently used templates to the top).

Archived