How to use Templates via Evernote Web Client

Antonina

I am using EN basic on the Web using Firefox 62.02 and cannot see templates I just downloaded as per your announcements. The templates are saved but don't know where they go (when I open a new note there is no template option).  What am I doing wrong?

You are using Firefox. The new web version doesn't support it. The Android app doesn't support the Kindle Fire for this either. (You can get it on a phone from the Google Play store but you can't access the Play Store from a Kindle - Amazon is to blame there.) Note also, if you are using Linux Evernote refuses to acknowledge the operating system and you will not be able to use the templates on a desktop app. (Tusk will emulate one, but it is really a web browser interface which, not surprisingly, Evernote is not supporting - evidently piggy-backed off of Firefox). Your' options are to use a sanctioned browser on a sanctioned operating system on a sanctioned device or accept that you will be left further behind with every new feature and update. They'll still try and get you to upgrade your subscription at every turn to sell you more features you can't make use of. I can see the templates on my little Android phone (where I'm not likely to actually use them) but on none of my other unsanctioned hardware/software (as outlined above) which is why I no longer pay for a premium account.

Thanks for the replies! Chrome is not an option (have tried IE but no sign of templates and it's not listed as a supported browser).  Downloading EN for Windows is also not an option.  Not sure why EN does not support FF, seems to be a popular browser but, as I am using the free basic version, I don't feel I can complain. 

I can get to the new Evernote Web Experience screen but after closing that I get taken to a blank screen and no further.  I've been trying to submit a ticket for 4 days but the submit button seems to be broken.  I'm getting very frustrated with this.  Also I'm getting a message that I've reached the limit of 100 templates???? I have about 12 templates.  Please help

Image.jpg

On 9/28/2018 at 11:53 AM, Shane D. said:

Hey all,

Thanks for posting, and please allow me to try and clarify a few things.

First, in order to use templates via the Evernote Web Client, you must be using the New Evernote Web experience, which is only available for Safari and Chrome browsers at this time.

Are there any plans to make this New Evernote Web experience available for Firefox? If so, any projected time frame?

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎26 at 9:07 PM, AÓK said:

You are using Firefox. The new web version doesn't support it. The Android app doesn't support the Kindle Fire for this either. (You can get it on a phone from the Google Play store but you can't access the Play Store from a Kindle - Amazon is to blame there.) Note also, if you are using Linux Evernote refuses to acknowledge the operating system and you will not be able to use the templates on a desktop app. (Tusk will emulate one, but it is really a web browser interface which, not surprisingly, Evernote is not supporting - evidently piggy-backed off of Firefox). Your' options are to use a sanctioned browser on a sanctioned operating system on a sanctioned device or accept that you will be left further behind with every new feature and update. They'll still try and get you to upgrade your subscription at every turn to sell you more features you can't make use of. I can see the templates on my little Android phone (where I'm not likely to actually use them) but on none of my other unsanctioned hardware/software (as outlined above) which is why I no longer pay for a premium account.

Evernote is not unique in this regard.  While it's a little frustrating that Chrome is the ONLY (I see above Safari also, I don't play there often) supported browser on a supported operating system for latest version;  it plays better across platforms better than just about anyone else.  Inconsistent is better than non existent.  Specifically with templates I consider it a pretty minor feature.  The hardest part about templates for me is imagining the layout.  If that works already been done, it's not difficult to replicate.  However I tend towards more barebones formatting of notes anyway.  Regarding Fire, I'm thankful it's available at all. What I would consider mainstream apps are pretty thin for that device period, but I knew that going in when my wife gave me one as a gift.  It's an e-reader first. The degree of tablet like functionality I get out of it for the price is simply amazing.

7 hours ago, Gear64 said:

Evernote is not unique in this regard.  While it's a little frustrating that Chrome is the ONLY (I see above Safari also, I don't play there often) supported browser on a supported operating system for latest version;  it plays better across platforms better than just about anyone else.  Inconsistent is better than non existent.  Specifically with templates I consider it a pretty minor feature.  The hardest part about templates for me is imagining the layout.  If that works already been done, it's not difficult to replicate.  However I tend towards more barebones formatting of notes anyway.  Regarding Fire, I'm thankful it's available at all. What I would consider mainstream apps are pretty thin for that device period, but I knew that going in when my wife gave me one as a gift.  It's an e-reader first. The degree of tablet like functionality I get out of it for the price is simply amazing.

I've tried Chrome a number of times since it came out. I hated it then and I think it's gotten worse since. The simple fact comes down to this: any developer that tries to force me to choose between their program and my operating system, browser, etc. will always find me taking my business elsewhere. I'm on the verge of doing so with Evernote any more, which is very sad because it began as a great app. My frustration really boils down to the total disregard and lack of responsiveness toward their users. I posted in the General Feedback forum regarding that - the moderators looked at that post repeatedly and then removed it a week later without even bothering to say they were doing so, much less why. I've been a beta tester for the Android app since Evernote rolled out that program, yet Evernote doesn't even bother to respond to the beta feed back!

As for the Fire, I recently found out how to get the Google Play Store onto it so for the most part issues of getting apps for it are gone. (Some that I use on my phone are still not compatible with the device, but very few.) I have been able to access templates on it since swapping over to the version offered on Play Store. Versions of other apps offered by both sites also work better when replaced by those from Google. (Amazon is more uncaring than even Evernote.) I would never buy a Fire - I won it in a raffle at work. It does some things well, and I principally use it as a reader - but that includes heavily text oriented apps like Evernote (where I store a lot of articles, PDFs, etc.) or graphic apps - sketching, painting, etc.; anything where the larger screen makes a significant difference.

• 10 months later...
  • Ex Employees

Hi @Coffee First Thing, thanks for the screenshot. It seems like you may be using the older version of Evernote Web that does not have the Templates feature. To use Templates on the new version of Evernote Web, please try these steps:

1. Click your profile photo in the lower left corner of the browser window.
2. Select Switch to the new Evernote Web from the popup menu.

Once you're on the new version of Evernote Web in Chrome, you should then see the Template button showing in the note body of a new note.