Siri Shortcuts: Why can't I create a note in EN by default in iOS12?

I'm exploring the new features of iOS12 on iPhone 6. I want to be able to say, "Hey Siri. Take a note," and have Siri start a new EN note. Doesn't seem possible unless I want a photo note, an audio note, or a note created from the clipboard content. Instead I have to do it the old way: "Hey Siri. create a new note, winter vacation, in evernote." Am I missing something? "Hey Siri. Take a note" does what it's always done, create a new note in Notes. 

I don't understand your answer. What are you confirming? If you are saying there is a Siri shortcut, I can't find it. If you are saying that what I said is true and that I'm not missing anything, I'm baffled. 99% of my EN use is for text. So, to me, being able to have EN as my default note application in Siri seems like a no-brainer. 
Thanks for clarifying.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, jbrennan said:

If you are saying that what I said is true and that I'm not missing anything

Yes; I'm  confirming your analysis and that you're not missing anything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Kymbo said:

Yes having a Siri Shorcut to open a new note to write text is so obvious...  Developers, please add this functionality!

I have a shortcut that consists of dictate text and create new note.  When I use that it opens an audio box that captures what is spoken and then translates it to text and saves it to an Evernote.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Kymbo said:

Yes having a Siri Shorcut to open a new note to write text is so obvious...  Developers, please add this functionality!

If I needed Evernote running, I'd say "Hey Siri, Run Evernote"

@S2sailor's shortcut script above works well; it could also be text without dictation; the keyboard has a dictation icon.  "Hey Siri, Create an Evernote with title aaaaa" also works.

• 1 month later...

You don't need to create a shortcut in the shortcuts app to create a simple text note.  Just say "Hey Siri, create a 'note title'  note in evernote."

Then to write text into that note say "Hey Siri, Add 'text of note' to my 'note title' note."

Archived