Templates Not Saving Anywhere

tomnagle

Idea

Hi there...

I've been attempting to save a few of the new templates, and I can't seem to save them.

• premium member
  • click "Save" and "Template Saved" opens
  • tried Safari and Chrome
  • templates are not being saved into account

Any ideas?  Searched forums and did not find anything.

Much Appreciated,

-tom

28 replies to this idea

• Level 5
6 hours ago, Jay-Bob said:

Correct, Templates will only be accessible on the new version of Evernote Web, which is currently not supported on Firefox (only Chrome and Safari are supported, no ETA on Firefox or other browsers).

Just for info, the new Web version is working on my installation of Opera (v. 57), and does seem to have templates functioning.

• Ex Employees

Correct, Templates will only be accessible on the new version of Evernote Web, which is currently not supported on Firefox (only Chrome and Safari are supported, no ETA on Firefox or other browsers). Please see this FAQ article under "Why can't I see templates in my account?" for more information.

@Shavonne79 I've created a support ticket on your behalf to investigate this in more detail with you.

For other customers encountering similar issues, please first make sure your Evernote applications are up-to-date. If you are a Premium subscriber, you can create a support request here for further assistance.

Looks as if the original poster was using chrome on his phone. I was using the Evernote app. Perhaps it only works if we use Evernote on an actual computer with chrome? I know what though, if these requests for help continue to be ignored by Evernote, I will be referring everyone I know to OneNote. If I didn't have so many notes in Evernote I would make the switch myself

I had the same issue with Templates Not being available at all,.  I was using FireFox and the template button was nowhere to be found. Quite frustrating and wasted time.

I then thought to try it in Chrome and lo and behold, the Template button was there in all it's glory. The Template Library showed up as well. 

So, if you're using Firefox then that is likely the issue (not sure why Evernote doesn't like Firefox) but you need to use Chrome,..

I hope this helps.

In my case, I'm on Android Evernote 8.7.0, which should be the latest. I haven't previously used any templates.

I took the 30-day Challenge, and it worked, and I now have their initial template as the only template.

It said it was the 2nd template of 4, so I browsed & found another template (a GTD template) and followed the video, by doing a View Template and so on.

At the end, I do not see the new template when I add a note. Now, as it took me through getting the Challenge template, it took me through Login, which gave me the choice of Google or Evernote account, and I picked Evernote account (Ambassadeur). Maybe that messed up my subsequent attempts to add a template, because maybe it wants a Google one now?

Also, it gave me the choice of opening the template on the Web or in Evernote, and I chose Evernote. Maybe it won't written this way? I see a padlock in the lower right corner when the template loads. And when I Save the template, I get an error message saying it can't save (created in another app), but not why or what to do about it.

If I say Web instead, it says it saves it, but again, there's nothing there.

So, what? Is anyone listening?

On 12/19/2018 at 12:42 PM, DPFranz said:

Doesn't work for me. No matter how many times I successfully save a template, it still isn't available to use. This is like a college software project. Buggy and useless.

I'm using Chrome and Win 10. Is there any more important OS/Browser combination to make work?

Suggested future order of operations for software development:

1) Test

2) **Then release.

If you get these backwards, problems abound, as in this case.

Accessing your saved templates is a little different from how we've done things. To find your templates, you have to be on the new Evernote Web or the latest version of each of our clients. Open a new note, select Template and "My Template". Do you see your templates saved in there? 

On 12/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, rg-easton said:

I just discovered Evernote and am unable to save or use templates.  It seems this is a widespread problem.  I believe I was misled into signing up for premium to be able to do this.  My first encounter with this app is hugely disappointing and frustrating.  It appears it is unusable and that I should delete it. 

I'd recommend contacting Support via Chat so they can help you. If you're still within the refund period, they can also help you get a refund for your Premium purchase. 

On 9/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, hudson2001 said:

Not on mine. :)

evernote temp.jpg

The old version of Evernote Web doesn't support the template service. Click on your avatar on the bottom left corner and switch to the new version. Let me know if you can't see the template feature then. 

• Ex Employees

@Trentphoto Are you still having problems saving a template? If so, is it the same behavior as Tupira where you have to log in over and over? Seems like a case where the credentials aren't being saved, so it is unable to save the template.

On 9/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, tomnagle said:

Mea culpa time.

i didn’t follow the instructions, which I only found in the video.

Brina, the templates do save, but they aren’t nested in any folder on the left.  You can see them when you create a note, where you’ll be given an option to pick one of the saved templates.

My fault for not following directions, although it would be great to view all the templates in a folder (and if you can do that, my apologies again).

Hopefully this follow up can help someone else who made the mistake I did.

Thanks,

tom,

Thanks for posting these instructions. I did notice a video when I first started using the templates, and thus I ended up saving a couple of templates several times trying to get it to work. And you’re correct, it would be nice to just import selected templates into the Template notebook. So I basically created a bout a dozen notes in my Templates notebook for each of the templates are might want to try out.

Doesn't work for me. No matter how many times I successfully save a template, it still isn't available to use. This is like a college software project. Buggy and useless.

I'm using Chrome and Win 10. Is there any more important OS/Browser combination to make work?

Suggested future order of operations for software development:

1) Test

2) **Then release.

If you get these backwards, problems abound, as in this case.

I just discovered Evernote and am unable to save or use templates.  It seems this is a widespread problem.  I believe I was misled into signing up for premium to be able to do this.  My first encounter with this app is hugely disappointing and frustrating.  It appears it is unusable and that I should delete it. 

Has anyone resolved this? 

I am unable to save any templates. Evernote is a great tool but so buggy! Every time I browse templates it takes me to the web client in which I have to login again then, browse the templates again and when click save, it fails. I tried the web and desktop versions on MacOS Mojave, the web version does not leave me logged in when trying to browse templates. If I log in it takes me back to evernote (out of context) then I keep going backwards and forwards between trying to remain logged and saving a template. Please fix your UX and front-end!

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 10.03.41 AM.png

Sounds like there's a growing list of template issues. Unsure if mine is related but I can see the button and use the basic templates I saved from the website but whenever I try to save a new one it comes up with an error saying I have reached the maximum number of templates (it says 100 on the desktop version, 20 on the web version) even though I have nowhere near this many saved. 

When I spoke to support they confirmed there is a known bug with Templates at the moment, apparently the max was 20 which seems WAY too low, and they are expanding the maximum number you can store to 100 which is better but still seems low IMO (why not just make it large like 500), as of today the bug still exists. 

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, hudson2001 said:

Have tried adding templates to my account, it says they're saving, but nothing ever appears anywhere. Using the Windows web version. I create a new note and there is no "template" option or button.

Edit: I upgraded my desktop version and now have them, but still don't have them on the web version.

I'm using the latest web version on a Mac with Safari1506393719_ScreenShot2018-09-27at10_20_53.png.684507ffd062561664fe531605b8ea21.png

Have tried adding templates to my account, it says they're saving, but nothing ever appears anywhere. Using the Windows web version. I create a new note and there is no "template" option or button.

Edit: I upgraded my desktop version and now have them, but still don't have them on the web version.

Archived