Andriod Evernote Clipper Tool

Hi everyone!

My name is Brad and I am one of the developers of a new Evernote clipper tool for Android called "Speed Clipper."

Highlight text from web pages and easily send it over to a note in Evernote.

This is a little different than how the Evernote app works as far as sending text to a note.  With Speed Clipper, you set up the Notebook and Note for which you want to send text.  Then in your browser (or other apps that allow text selection) you highlight text and press the 'Speed Clipper' option to send the text to that specific note without leaving your browser.  This allows you to continue appending text to the same note and not having to leave your browser when sending text.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SpeedClipperApp.jbwco.SpeedClipper

• Level 5*

Kinda weird.  If I follow that link on the laptop I get a page that says 'not compatible with any of your devices'.  If I try to find SpeedClipper or Speed Clipper via the Play store from the phone,  I get 'not found' errors...

11 hours ago, gazumped said:

Kinda weird.  If I follow that link on the laptop I get a page that says 'not compatible with any of your devices'.  If I try to find SpeedClipper or Speed Clipper via the Play store from the phone,  I get 'not found' errors...

For me, it says 'not available in your country' (which is Germany). 

Cheers 

Alex

17 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hello @gazumped

What type of phone do you have?  When you say 'not found' errors, do you mean no results or something else?  If it's a different type of error, can you send a screenshot?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have a Samsung Note4,  but I'm operating in the UK so I guess your US only policy is locking me out for the time being...  I'd suggest you mention that limitation up front,  because there are Evernote users around the world who will be raising problems when they can't connect to install it.  Good luck with the development ?

• Level 5

@bseidl, thanks for this! It looks like it could be very useful in some of the situations in which I typically use Evernote. This is especially so since Evernote for Android cannot yet access the full Android clipboard, only the most recently copied item. Looking forward to trying it out! Hope you're able to make it available worldwide too!

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

If I follow that link on the laptop I get a page that says 'not compatible with any of your devices'.  If I try to find SpeedClipper or Speed Clipper via the Play store from the phone,  I get 'not found' errors...

Same for me. I use Moto E3-Power with Android 6 on it in India. 

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Just popping back in to say I've finally installed Speed Clipper, and it works as advertised. It's a tad awkward to have to open Speed Clipper and choose a notebook and note before settling down to select and send info to that note. But I can see that it will be a time saver overall, especially (for me) in research tasks.

BTW, I see you're located in Lafayette. Hail Purdue!

Archived