New bold header font unnecessary and unattractive

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always good to put your comments on a new release into that actual thread,  where the developers will be watching - otherwise you get the (mainly) user-based support from folks like me.  This was a design change - maybe suggested by another user - that hasn't come up as a problem until you raised it.  Personally I think it makes the title stand out a little more from the rest of the text in snippet view.  In the beta version it was also applied to the list view,  which was totally horrible.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Always good to put your comments on a new release into that actual thread,  where the developers will be watching

I think that the GA release is different from the Public release, and they don't have a topic out there for the public release. So this one's probably fine.

I agree. The bold title in the note list is horrible. It was just very fine with the previous version. Also the font type is horrible. Did your UX expert validated this UI change?

Did someone complain about it in the first place?

Please revert this back.

many thanks,

Didier.

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, dconnet said:

We have Betas and GAs. Nothing we call a Public release. I would assume (yeahyeah) that Public == GA.

Yeah, I think I get that now. Just confused myself over the 'Public' moniker in Help / About. I need to remind myself that GA is for General Availability, not General Audiences (a la PG-13, R, etc.). Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I, on the other hand, like the new bold headers. It's a great way to differentiate between the header and the contents when the contents are visible. In most other applications I de-clutter general views as much as possible. For example, in outlook.com and fastmail.com I have message contents hidden in the general (list) view.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, hksmith said:

I just upgraded to 6.15.3.7881 (307881) Public (CE Build ce-53.2.6641)

Why are the fonts now bolded?

Bold title fonts.pdf

Thanks all for guidance and perspective.  I've gotten used to it now and, as the last poster suggests, it DOES help me to "differentiate between the header and the contents"  

• 3 weeks later...

I agree as well, it's just ugly. Makes me go "ugh" every time I open Evernote on Windows.

I hate upgrading Evernote. It's like, with every new release the dev team either introduces some totally useless feature (Context? side panel themes? new elephant icon?), or makes the existing product a little bit worse in some way.

Exactly. They should spend their remaining dollars on improving the technical performance (always too slow to navigate and search), fix the crashes, fix bugs before starting to add new gimmicks...

Archived