what is your real average upload size by month ?

FredG

Hi,

well, i'm on a plus plan, i never reach my upload size (only about 5% of the 1 go limit each month).

I have read that evernote is not good and that it may be not allowed to store documents like medias (videos, photos (raw), music).

So do you reach your 10Go limit on premium plan ? do you upload thousand and thousand of files/document each month ? what kind of files do you store in your EN ?

it would be great if part of the EN storage could be used as a cloud drive (with a "file browser" inside evernote app maybe)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, FredG said:

I have read that evernote is not good and that it may be not allowed to store documents like medias (videos, photos (raw), music).

I  don't know what you read.  My understanding is that a note may contain files of any format.
I  haven't encountered any issues.

>>So do you reach your 10Go limit on premium plan ? do you upload thousand and thousand of files/document each month ? what kind of files do you store in your EN ?

My monthly upload is way under the 10 GB limit; this month less than 1GB
Also, my data is mostly static.   If there were files I update frequently they would require multiple uploads.

I use external storage for apps, videos, music, photo's, ...
Otherwise I tend to use Evernote for all my personal data storage.

>>it would be great if part of the EN storage could be used as a cloud drive (with a "file browser" inside evernote app maybe)

How would that impact your personal use of Evernote?

Files would not have to be exported to temporary storage to be used.
My Mac handles this automatically; it even replaces files with updated versions.
It's not automatic on my iPad (IOS).

• Level 5*

I have 1 day left of my current cycle and so far I saved 249MB out of 10GB (2%).  The thing about Evernote on a desktop is that everything you add to the database is saved on the desktop - my current database size is somewhere north of 19GB.  I'm not saving any space by adding random video files to my storage - I'd rather use Dropbox / Google Drive et al for that.

Apart from the disk space cost,  the more I save into Evernote,  the slower searches get / the more often random files pop up in searches / the longer it takes to back up my database.  I want Evernote to be a place I can find things (reasonably) quickly - not somewhere I store stuff I won't use again for weeks or months.

The note size limit is not a target.  It's meant to chop data into small(ish) chunks so syncs are shorter,  downloads are quicker,  and the other 224,999,999 users around the world who're trying to find their important documents don't get slowed down by lots of people syncing 1.4GB videos to the cloud.

Evernote briefly offered unlimited uploads - but had to back down because some users were backing up their entire systems into the space.  If you want to do that - find an online data repository.  They're quite expensive - much more so than Evernote anyways.  I'd rather keep Evernote at its current cost points and have the upload limitation.

• Level 5*

I never get near the upload limit of 10 GB, mostly around 250 MB per month.  I've moved most of my big spreadsheets from EN to Dropbox with a link in an EN note.  Better backup with DropBox, get one every time the spreadsheet changes.  These larger spreadsheets used to crank my upload usage since they were uploaded every time I changed the model, no effect on DB size.  But even then I never scared the limit.

I don't think I've ever come close to the limit. This month I am at 11% evidently. I check it very seldom (generally due to a forum post) or when I customize the toolbar and I've always seen it below the 2.5GB mark for sure.

image.png.b51f4107086197cfddf92fa525ab0f28.png

• Level 5*
On 9/22/2018 at 6:21 PM, CalS said:

Better backup with DropBox, get one every time the spreadsheet changes. 

I'm satisfied with the Evernote Note History backup; I realize it's not as timely as the Dropbox backups.

I also have personal daily incremental backups, but that's even less frequent.

• Level 5*

It's not uncommon for me to hit 10GB. I've gone 99.9% paperless, but everyone around me hasn't, so there is a lot of scanning to do. It goes into Evernote, gets used, and then gets unceremoniously dumped (exported and deleted) when I don't need it anymore. I have to do that, I'm afraid. If I kept everything I've uploaded into Evernote, I'd be well into the triple-digit GB range. If I kept all of my data in there, I'd be in the TB range (I've got external hard disks coming up on 4GB of storage now). Of course, we don't have selective sync, so I am limited by the size of my computer's storage. Something has to give way.

Individual notes are limited to 200MB or less, so I don't consider Evernote to be a great repository for media, but I do have some audio, some video, and some photos in it -- just the stuff I need on a regular basis.

At any rate, 10GB is about right for a month, but the individual note limit is a little irritating.

I rarely have bumped up against the PLUS limit.  Last month I came quite close loading a lot of photos from work event.  Typically I only load documents, particularly LOTS of product PDFs.  I've had one or two instances where PPTs with embedded media were too large for note (not my handiwork).  I have no intent to save music, videos, or large install files.  May eventually start importing some smaller utility installs I use frequently. Also experimenting with  'mini albums' highlighting vacations and such; but no intent to turn EverNote into primary photo storage

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Gear64 said:

I've had one or two instances where PPTs with embedded media were too large for note (not my handiwork).  I have no intent to save music, videos, or large install files. 

I file oversized files elsewhere and include a link in the note.  Premium users have a larger allowance but if it's a frequently updated note each update causes a new upload.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:35 PM, FredG said:

Hi,

well, i'm on a plus plan, i never reach my upload size (only about 5% of the 1 go limit each month).

So do you reach your 10Go limit on premium plan ? do you upload thousand and thousand of files/document each month ? what kind of files do you store in your EN ?

it would be great if part of the EN storage could be used as a cloud drive (with a "file browser" inside evernote app maybe)

I'd have to look to give you an average, but I never come close to the maximum. I have over 30,000 notes. Most are web clips of images and articles.

Archived