Table formatting issue & camera problem..

Hello,

I've had no luck finding this problem in the forum, so here it goes.  I'm having a problem with tables not stretching across the entire Evernote Windows desktop app.  The only thing I can figure out is to stretch them manually, but this is very annoying!  It hasn't been a problem until the last update, as far as I know.  The "simplify formatting" option only works on my phone.  Once I stretch them out, I then have to bring them back in on my phone with "simplify formatting". 

I have one other annoyance that someone can hopefully help with.  When I use the android in app camera, the camera sometimes goes black.  Then I have to back out and start the camera again to see what I'm trying to take a picture of.  This has been a problem for many years.  I have a Samsung S8+ if that helps.

Thank you for any help!

Chris

225238.png

2018-09-17_224153.png

Screenshot_20180917-225807_Evernote.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  What version of Evernote for Windows are you using?  In my current version there are dropdowns that will allow various options including note width...

ScreenClip.png.cd78fe1797c6fb1b69492e73097ab1df.png

On the camera issue,  more or less the only teching available on mobiles is to uninstall and reinstall the application (sync first,  with a device restart in between).  Have you tried that?  Also there's an option in Evernote to use,  or not to use the device camera - check your settings.

Hey gazumped,

I'm using the latest build: 6.14.5.7671 (307671) Public (CE Build ce-48.0.5483).

I tried the "Note width" option you suggested.  It works for my desktop, but when I go back to my phone it stretched the note, as you can be below.  It seems, Evernote just can't seem to figure out what formatting it should use, and normally picks the wrong one.  This is turning me off to Evernote.

As far as the camera problem.  I have purchased new phones and reinstalled Evernote many, many, many times.  The problem persists.  I'm wondering if it is a Samsung/Evernote issue. 

Thank you for your help, but I'm still looking for resolutions.  Any other ideas?

Screenshot_20180918-090008_Evernote.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 9/18/2018 at 2:17 AM, KER_Evernote said:

I have one other annoyance that someone can hopefully help with.  When I use the android in app camera, the camera sometimes goes black.  Then I have to back out and start the camera again to see what I'm trying to take a picture of.  This has been a problem for many years.  I have a Samsung S8+ if that helps.

I have a Samsung Note8, and all I can say is that this does not happen to me. But it sounds similar to a problem reported in the Android forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/116192-camera-document-scan-not-working-on-samsung-galaxy-s8/. That problem was solved by going into the app's Settings and looking under Camera to see whether Activate multi-shot is selected. If it is not, the app will use the phone's camera app, which could cause problems.

Hey Dave,

Yeah, you are right, it works fine with the android camera software.  I just wish it worked every time with the evernote camera.  It's only a minor annoyance because I have to use the camera while I'm in very hot attics (sometimes over 140 deg F). 

My big concern is with the table formatting.  It's killing my efficiency while working.  I've seen the same problem multiple times on this forum, all the way back to 2014!!  I hope someone can help me out, because I'd rather not switch to another app.  This is literally my only issue that kills the deal. 

Thanks Dave!

Archived