Big note freezes and stop responding when I try to edit it

This issue has been going on for more than a year for me, probably two years. I've changed my main Android device three times but the issue persists on wrecking my experience.

The note is very big problem is that when Android's accessibility has access to such a big paragraph it freezes, which in consequence freezes the keyboard which then stops responding which then freezes the app itself.

After unfreezing it becomes extremely slow to type each character takes more than one second to appear plus the whole grammar correction collapses in huge failure.

I hope the logs attached here will be sufficient to eliminate the issue in future versions. It's so tiring and frustrating to knowing a bug has been hunting you for more than multiple years.

The logfile if bigger than 2 megabytes so you will have to download it externally = https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-lcZeWSAT9GJHtVsWJB6onVIQJyp6yU/view?usp=drivesdk

2018_09_17_06_36_47~01.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a (mainly) user-supported forum,  so the log file isn't necessarily going to mean a lot to us.  Notes aren't stored on a mobile device,  but get downloaded when you select them for edit.  So your mobile device is probably working quite hard to drag down a huge text file,  and holding all that data in memory apparently doesn't leave much in the way of performance to add to or change the note content.  Is it possible to create a new note each day,  or split the huge note into smaller chunks linked by tag or by title?  Or even give that note its own notebook and split it into smaller notes in the same notebook?

If editing smaller notes doesn't help your freezing problem you could try uninstalling Evernote/ restarting the device and reinstalling,  but in general AFAIK most users aren't having a major problem with short notes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Same here. I didn't have this problem on my old Samsung Galaxy S4, then I switched to LG G5, and the problem started, then I switched to Google Pixel 3a, and I no longer had this problem. Now after the latest Android update on my Pixel 3a, the problem has returned again.

• Level 5

You're responding to a post from almost 4 years ago, and a lot has changed with Evernote. Which version of Android do you have, and which version of Evernote? If you're on Evernote 10, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/718-evernote-for-android-issues-versions-100-and-above/.