How to set up Evernote (specifically Web Clipper) with multiple user accounts

mkraft77

Given that Evernote is account-based I'm wondering how to install the Web Clipper for different Chrome users on the same computer.

Can anyone walk me through that?

Thanks.

(Note that the Chrome Web Store isn't accessible in Incognito Mode (meaning the Clipper extension isn't either), otherwise that would have provided an option.)

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, mkraft77 said:

I wanted to know how someone other than the computer's main user can access their Evernote account (& use the Web Clipper). 

I asked because I'm not familiar with multiple user accounts.

So everyone has a separate Evernote account, right? Are you setting up separate user  accounts for the computer? Or is everyone sharing the same user account?

• Level 5*
Just now, jefito said:

So everyone has a separate Evernote account, right? Are you setting up separate user  accounts for the computer? Or is everyone sharing the same user account?

Ships in the night....

8 minutes ago, jefito said:

It's one other person, with her own account, & the issue is how she can access her EN (& Web Clipper, which she needs to install) on my computer.

I already have my own EN account and Web Clipper on my computer. So the question is how to prevent anything related to EN being associated with my account.

If she were to log into her EN account and then go to the Chrome Web Store to install the Clipper, I assume that would either fail because my own Clipper would be recognized or the install (hers)would overwrite the current Clipper (mine).

BTW, this is on a Mac.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, CalS said:

If Windows, each user can have their own Windows log on and their own version of EN and Clipper inside that.

But is that required -- i.e., a separate user account at the 'computer' level -- just to access an EN account?

This is on a Mac but I believe 'user accounts' work pretty much the same as in Windows.

I wouldn't think that (a separate user account) would be necessary, but maybe the fact that  EN stores data locally as well as on the Web (unless disabled by the user) assumes/requires it. (?)

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, mkraft77 said:

But is that required -- i.e., a separate user account at the 'computer' level -- just to access an EN account?

This is on a Mac but I believe 'user accounts' work pretty much the same as in Windows.

I wouldn't think that (a separate user account) would be necessary, but maybe the fact that  EN stores data locally as well as on the Web (unless disabled by the user) assumes/requires it. (?)

Not required, you just have to sign out/sign in to EN and Clipper when the user changes.  Sometimes easier just to have separate log ins to the machine.  

• Level 5*

I would use a separate user account, myself; that's what they're there for: to provide separation between data used by different people (long with the ability to share it). My guess is that you can log in with your own Evernote accounts on your own separate user accounts, but I don't know that for sure. I'd try that avenue first.

TO use the same user account, one user needs to log out of their Evernote account before the other can log into their account.

Thanks @CalS and @jefito.

It looks like separate user accounts is the way to go if one wants to avoid the need to log out of one EN account and into another -- i.e., to be able to have both EN accounts available simultaneously.  

Archived