Cannot use Evernote without popup asking me to upgrade to premium - please help

Beginning this afternoon, I have not been able to use my local Evernote program without a popup appearing every time I try to write or edit one of my notes. Is there a way to turn this off? It is making the app unusable for me, and I do not wish to upgrade. Thank you.

• Level 5*

On 9/14/2018 at 11:39 AM, acb0929 said:

without a popup appearing every time I try to write or edit one of my notes.

Is this related to the two simultaneous device limit for Basic accounts?
If this is the case, you can review the device list in account settings and revoke access for an inactive device.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Don Lathrop said:

I have no access to my notes unless I upgrade. It refuses to let me keep the free plan. I only have my android phone and my laptop.

You should be able to de-authorise one or more devices via account settings on the website.  But - it's a free app;  there are some limitations on access.

Understanding the device limit

• 1 month later...

Today they changed to max 2 unsyncs a month, for basic

They won't show my active devices

They just logoff me, Sorry 

So I'm out off accessing my notes

Time for another product

The pain of exporting 

• Level 5

These changes were made several months ago. It includes counting the web client as a device.

You can always access your account settings using one of your 2 devices / clients, go to the devices tab and (within the limit of 2 per month) deauthorize any device.

Say thank you to those „supersmart“ users that were hopping devices to break the Basic plans limits. Sorry guys, out of luck …

Who uses a service for any serious purpose should be prepared to pay for doing so.

• Like 2