pdf vs pasting text into note

catsknit

I have a bunch of old Wordperfect documents I'm going to convert and then put into Evernote. Which would be preferable, to convert them to plain text and then copy/paste directly into a new note, or just "print" them as pdf files and import that way?  Does it make any difference in EN's ability to index or OCR them?  These are just text files, no graphics or fancy formatting, just things like old letters, funny anecdotes I collected, book lists, etc.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, catsknit said:

Which would be preferable, to convert them to plain text and then copy/paste directly into a new note, or just "print" them as pdf files and import that way? 

Either way works just as well (copy/paste vs pdf conversion)
The OCR process is operational for both (pdf ocr is included in Premium accounts)

My preference would be copy/paste.  It seems like less work in Mac/Windows wth two windows open
If you can do a mass print > pdf with the files directed to an import folder, the process would be automatic

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, catsknit said:

I have a bunch of old Wordperfect documents I'm going to convert and then put into Evernote. Which would be preferable, to convert them to plain text and then copy/paste directly into a new note, or just "print" them as pdf files and import that way?  Does it make any difference in EN's ability to index or OCR them?  These are just text files, no graphics or fancy formatting, just things like old letters, funny anecdotes I collected, book lists, etc.

One thought, it is sometimes easier to copy/paste from text within a note versus a PDF  Other than that, I would opt for whichever is quicker for you.

Archived