How to remove double notes ?

Mak75

Hello,

I wanted to save my notes but I duplicate them. It is a lot : more than a 1000... doing 1 by one is taking ages. How to do in order to remove double ? To make it harder, I changed after the duplicate some of the two copy but not the other one... So the best would be an automatic detector of real exact copy 

Thank yoj for your help

On 9/12/2018 at 7:41 PM, Mak75 said:

Hello,

I wanted to save my notes but I duplicate them. It is a lot : more than a 1000... doing 1 by one is taking ages. How to do in order to remove double ? To make it harder, I changed after the duplicate some of the two copy but not the other one... So the best would be an automatic detector of real exact copy 

Thank yoj for your help

I would change the view settings to LIST view and then sort by TITLE (assuming titles are the same in the duplicates) and verify the update date on the list view. The one you made changes will have a newer date, this way you can see which one is the latest to keep. Then delete the other one.

I am not aware of a way to automate this without script or coding I would think. Others would know better than I would on that.

• Level 5*
On 9/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, Mak75 said:

So the best would be an automatic detector of real exact copy 

Evernote has no automatic duplicate detector

I'm not too concerned about cleaning up duplicates.
I do occasionally list my notes in size sequence and review  the oversize entries

I can copy my note titles to a spreadsheet
There's features there for duplicate detection.

Archived