Typing duplicates text in certain cases

Using a galaxy s8 plus with the samsung keyboard for reference, I encountered two bugs:

1. Text shortcuts don't work in evernote (they work in every other app)

2. If you have text on a line, and place the cursor at the start of that line and start typing numbers, it starts to insert additional duplicate numbers into the text.  This only happens at the start of a new line, with text directly after your cursor (no spaces).  This bug is related to smart typing, and I've gone through testing all of smart typing options.  It only happens with predictive text turned on.  Auto replace, auto spell check, auto capitalize, auto spacing, and auto punctuate all have no effect on this bug, so it's specific to showing predicted text based on what you've entered and not something that the keyboard is trying to modify.  Since predictive text is a feature I use extensively, simply turning it off is not an option.  Considering no other app has this problem, I shouldn't have to either.

• Level 5

Hey All,

Thank you for reaching out! We can confirm that this is an issue that is affecting some users, and we are working to address it as quickly as possible. 

I'll follow-up with you as quickly as I can once I have more information.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions!

• 3 years later...
  • Level 5

You are posting in a subforum for the old, deprecated Android client. Is it this software you mean ?

In that case nobody will touch it by more. If you still have the problem, you will have to live with it.

If you are on the new version of EN, please post in the subforum for that version. You will probably need to contact support - this thread has been silent since 2018. This usually shows there is little usage / interest for a feature in the user community.