Annoying bug with panels width in v6.14

Windows client 6.14 brought a nasty annoying bug. Up until this version the windows client panels (The left panel with the notebooks list, the notes list panel, and the note editor panel) width stay proportionate whether I'm using my laptop screen or a separate screen. But with 6.14, that is no more the case. The panels width are messed up badly when I use a separate big screen and later use the laptop with it's built in screen. 

I'm really surprised Evernote broke this!! That's to add to the bad crashing issue every time we shutoff 6.14 windows client. Really a bad start with your new logo campaign! 

• Level 5*
On 9/10/2018 at 5:19 AM, jbenson2 said:

until all the dust and mayhem settles down.  

As if the dust and mayhem ever settles; it just gets regenerated with the next update
I agree with waiting until all the issues are identified, and possibly avoiding the upgrades.
Not all issues are life threatening; but if you can't live with an issue - don't install that release.  
(This strategy falls apart if support for previous versions is withdrawn but what's the likelyhood of that happening.?)

• Level 5
3 hours ago, DTLow said:

As if the dust and mayhem ever settles; it just gets regenerated with the next update
I agree with waiting until all the issues are identified, and possibly avoiding the upgrades.
Not all issues are life threatening; but if you can't live with an issue - don't install that release.  
(This strategy falls apart if support for previous versions is withdrawn but what's the likelyhood of that happening.?)

For the past couple of years, I've tried to stay 9 months - 1 year behind the current Evernote general release (yes, a lot less mayhem). 

I was a big advocate of Evernote from 2008 to 2013. But when the problems were getting thick and heavy I just coasted on using Evernote. For the past 5 years, I've spread my data risk over several other cloud-based services. 

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

For the past 5 years, I've spread my data risk over several other cloud-based services. 

I continue to use Evernote as my single data storage for documents.   
imho There is no risk.  My data is fully backed up, and exiting from Evernote is a 30 minute export.

I use the Evernote editor for basic notes, and it works well;  but it's a minor tool in my collection.
I never bought into replacing my document editors with the Evernote editor.
It's not even a personal choice; I live in a MS Word world.  It's not an issue; any format documents can be stored in Evernote as a note attachment.

Post Evernote AppocalypseIMG_2561.gif.861927824fb9f4caaca6d45f6bb8687b.gif

• The notes are sustainable in html format but I'll probably switch to a different format.  
    Until then, I have no interest in switching formats to Bear, Notion or whatever the flavor of the month is.
  • My fallback cloud service will be Apple iCloud.
  • 3 months later...

Archived