Sync has overwritten all my changes

MimiPeng

Idea

Hi guys,

sorry, if this is a topic already discussed, but I didn't find an answer by searching ...

Yesterday I was working for hours organizing and editing my notes on Evernote Web, today, I opened the app on my iPhone and it did overwrite all my changes from yesterday!!!
I'm kind of freaking out because it was a lot of work and now I have to do it all again. And also, if it does that in general, why actually use it since obviously it is not working and it will always set back my changes?

I'm supermad actually and since I'm just having a basic account by now – because I first wanted to find out if it's working for me (what it apparently doesn't) – I can not contact the support.

Is there a way to get my changes back?

And how to avoid that it's happening again?

Thanks!
mimi

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, MimiPeng said:

Hi guys,

sorry, if this is a topic already discussed, but I didn't find an answer by searching ...

Yesterday I was working for hours organizing and editing my notes on Evernote Web, today, I opened the app on my iPhone and it did overwrite all my changes from yesterday!!!
I'm kind of freaking out because it was a lot of work and now I have to do it all again. And also, if it does that in general, why actually use it since obviously it is not working and it will always set back my changes?

I'm supermad actually and since I'm just having a basic account by now – because I first wanted to find out if it's working for me (what it apparently doesn't) – I can not contact the support.

And how to avoid that it's happening again?

Thanks!
mimi

The rule of thumb is to sync whenever you leave/enter a platform.  For the web just completing the edit and moving to another note should do the trick.  If you follow this rule of thumb it should prevent this from occurring in the future.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, MimiPeng said:

Evernote has a Note History backup feature. https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-view-previous-versions-of-a-note

Acces to the data is a paid account feature, but you can subscribe for a single month and recover lost data.

18 hours ago, CalS said:

The rule of thumb is to sync whenever you leave/enter a platform.  For the web just completing the edit and moving to another note should do the trick. 

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it's not working like that. What i described above was happening after creating about 40 notes, several hours and they all looked pretty, then they were either not existing anymore or in a not-edited version.

It happenened again yesterday and today, even though I'm now super disciplined, I close the note with the "finished" button (my version is German, so I don't know if that's the label), I even reload the page after each note, then fine, everything is still there, open the app on my mobile, and bam ... everything changed again.

Today it changed the note while it was open and I was working on it!

I'd really like to use Evernote since there are so many good recensions about it, but it just not working ... ?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, MimiPeng said:

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately it's not working like that. What i described above was happening after creating about 40 notes, several hours and they all looked pretty, then they were either not existing anymore or in a not-edited version.

It happenened again yesterday and today, even though I'm now super disciplined, I close the note with the "finished" button (my version is German, so I don't know if that's the label), I even reload the page after each note, then fine, everything is still there, open the app on my mobile, and bam ... everything changed again.

Today it changed the note while it was open and I was working on it!

I'd really like to use Evernote since there are so many good recensions about it, but it just not working ... ?

Don't know what to tell you.  I don't use the web version very often, but I have not seen that behavior.  You can reach out to EN on Twitter or try installing and using the desktop app.  It is more functional and costs nothing to use.  Sorry couldn't be of more assistance.

I frequently have exactly the same problem whilst sharing notes with a client.

I manually sync and check all my changes have uploaded, but then my client goes to view the note often many hours later and it reverts all my changes. This has been going on for many months.