Search selecting article without keyword

BlackCloud

I collect travel articles and have put them all into Evernote..I put Oklahoma into the search box and Evernote selected articles without the word Oklahoma. No yellow line at all and, on some, where there is a yellow line, no word is highlighted. 

What am I doing wrong?

• Level 5*

It seems straightforward and you've not done anything wrong.
I also get false hits and have to weed them out.  I find intitle searches are more precise.

If you give access to the notes I can look into the exact details causing the problem

I am muddling through and as long as I know it is not me I am OK. Not that many notes.

Couple of other questions:

Windows: How can I jump within a pdf from one found keyword to the next. I  have tried ctrl+F but may not be doing it in the correct location. I click on the note and do the ctrl+F.

Can I change the color used for  the highlight?

Thanks

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, BlackCloud said:

I am muddling through and as long as I know it is not me I am OK. Not that many notes.

Couple of other questions:

Windows: How can I jump within a pdf from one found keyword to the next. I  have tried ctrl+F but may not be doing it in the correct location. I click on the note and do the ctrl+F.

Can I change the color used for  the highlight?

Thanks

This is how it works for me.  Ctrl F opens a separate search dialog at bottom of pdf viewer, similar to any pdf reader.  That dialog seems independent of the 'master search', for instance it may be empty, or contain words from the last time searching inside a different pdf.  You would have to re-enter Oklahoma there.  If there's something different I haven't found it yet. Just noticed with my taskbar auto hide, if task bar up may hide the search dialog I described.

Thanks, that works but not quite what I am looking for. I'll keep playing around, there might not be any method to do what I would like to do. Essentially, when a keyword is identified in an article several times I would like to jump from one location to the next. This method would work but would be time-consuming, I was hoping for a "jump" option.

Evernote has so much potential but needs some fine tuning. One that comes to mind is the ability to find duplicate articles. I haven't seen any easy solution to that yet.

Of well, it is what it is.

Thanks

Archived