Change the passphrase hint in encrypted notes

Hi, unsure if this was posted before, apologies if it was.

I'm trying to encrypt some notes content. I can set up a new passphrase but not the hint. it just shows the last used hint and cannot change it. Does anybody know how to do it?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not sure how I changed it (and this is Windows anyway) but my hint is accurate for the current passphrase,  which is a recent update...  Not helpful I know,  but have you gone through with the full change?  IE have you encrypted some text with the new password?  The 'hint' phrase update maybe comes through after the next is encrypted...?

In any event since I change my pass phrases from time to time,  and the hint is only for the last used phrase,  a long time ago I took to putting the -suitably obscure- hint in plain text next to the encrypted section.

Every time I encrypt a piece of text I can set a new passphrase, but the hint is set to the last hint and cannot change it. I can use a different passphrase, that does not affect the hint, as it shouldn't as the hint is not the passphrase itself. 

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, PabloD said:

Every time I encrypt a piece of text I can set a new passphrase, but the hint is set to the last hint and cannot change it. I can use a different passphrase, that does not affect the hint, as it shouldn't as the hint is not the passphrase itself. 

I understand.  If that's how it works for you,  the only thing I can suggest is adding a hint phrase in plain text near to the encryption icon.  From your profile you are a subscriber,  so you could always raise this with Evernote direct if you wish...

Archived