(Archived) Bug Report - error message

Hi,

I get these pop up error message at times while using evernote in web...Searched the forum but couldn't find a post on this...

"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

"Stack Overflow at line 0"

If i say no to aborting the script, these messages keep popping up.

Bit of background - Was using IE6 and trying to access a database containing 2969 notes (about 20 MB in desktop version). I clicked on Notebooks and then on my specific notebook and these things popped up. I have 1 gig of RAM in my system and am running Windows XP SP2.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Hi Madhu,

Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. We are working to fix this problem and to make Evernote's web client more useful in IE 6.

At the moment, though, the Evernote web client works better using IE 7 (or the Firefox or Safari browsers).

Please continue reporting issues that you find (with IE 6 or any browser), and we'll keep making the Evernote web client a better tool!

Thanks

I am experiencing the same problem running the desktop client on XP-Pro SP2. When synchronization fails (which happens at least once a day), the app locks up and cannot be terminated except by a reboot. When it does lock up, cpu utilization kicks into high gear. Oddly enough, I have not had this experience yet on my home machine running XP-home SP2. I'm not quite sure why as my home machine has runs many more apps than my work machine. Both machines are networked, my work machine is on a T1 line and my home machine is on cable.

Archived