Forum Newbie Questions

jace3

This is my first forum. How do I post a question/comment under a specific topic? (I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the right place.) Also, is there a way to tag my posts with keywords for easier searchability? Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jace3 said:

This is my first forum. How do I post a question/comment under a specific topic? (I'm not even sure if I'm posting this in the right place.) Also, is there a way to tag my posts with keywords for easier searchability? Thanks.

IMG_2527.jpg.2eb68039c42ef2c55b7a0e755f73c188.jpg

Start with the forums in the upper left corner
Select one of the forums that relates to your topic

A list of the existing topics will be displayed
You can reply to a topic, or start a new topic

IMG_2528.thumb.jpg.65397e84b5d3d345300852767949a8b6.jpg      IMG_2529.thumb.jpg.537add7b0c49400c31161db3a76bfba1.jpg

• Level 5

In my opinion, the search feature in the forum is very weak. I find it easier to store important posts in my Evernote account. 

There is another method which is a bit more devious. At the end of your post add the keyword in small font and use white text. The keyword has to be descriptive and unique or you will get a lot of other posts.

For example:  drag your mouse over " Small font and white text" these two quotes

For a while I tried using a unique code to span multiple threads over a few years covering the discussions on the "Due Date" field. 

It was 47ER92.  That keyword still works for many of my posts in the public forums. 

But my fall back position is to copy the important stuff to my Evernote account.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jace3 said:

Also, is there a way to tag my posts with keywords for easier searchability? Thanks.

Your previous posts can be found in your user profile, though I don't think it's searchable.

If you create a new forum topic, you can tag it as you like.

Forum search works, but it can be tricky to get right. You can often use Google search to find stuff in the Evernote forums. I use both.

Archived