PDFs in EN - need to extract/find

I really need to be able to extract (or at least find) some of the PDFs I have put into evernote, so I can share them with another application (Papers) so that I can cite them in research papers.

I know EN doesn't encourage this, but I really need to be able to do this, otherwise I'm going to have to find another app/software.

Thanks

Ian

• Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK it is already possible to find PDF files and extract them easily on a desktop.

With descriptive search, you can use words you would normally use such as "notes with PDF files tagged 'approved'".

Or:  search " resource:application/pdf " (without the quotes...)

- and see:  How to get images or files out of Evernote for use in other applications

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, ian reeves said:

I really need to be able to extract (or at least find) some of the PDFs I have put into evernote, so I can share them with another application (Papers) so that I can cite them in research papers.

I know EN doesn't encourage this, but I really need to be able to do this, otherwise I'm going to have to find another app/software.

I understand citing your sources, but not what you mean by "share them".
Evernote encourages sharing; you can generate a public url and include the reference in your research papers
For example: Sample Note (https://www.evernote.com/l/AAoH6VjLal9BkJ5tMX10BrjrtJFihiG-5ms)
is a link to a note in my database that contains a pdf

Thanks for all the help, I've also discovered that I can 'drag' the pdf 'attached' to the EN note to the 'Papers' app in the dock, which then imports it. This means I can search and store in EN, and read and cite in Papers.

Thanks superguru - I meant 'sharing' with other apps, not other users, but I will also think about how to use the sharing function too.

Archived