Can no longer copy template to a notebook - only move allowed

LHnTX

I'm an occasional user of Evernote. I have 3 templates setup in my template library. For years whenever I have a new client, I open up the appropriate template, copy that template to the appropriate notebook and then fill out the template. I'm finding the new version of Evernote to be quite cryptic and I've now been scratching my head for almost an hour trying to do this simple (or at least what USED to be simple) procedure. Now the ONLY option that I am given is to MOVE the template to another notebook. I don't want to move it - it's a template!  I need to keep the template where it is in my template library. I'm finding this very perplexing. Am I missing something here in this new version???? Why can I no longer do this simple procedure??

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, LHnTX said:

For years whenever I have a new client, I open up the appropriate template, copy that template to the appropriate notebook and then fill out the template.

The screenshot is from my Mac
1884853226_ScreenShot2018-08-27at12_22_09.png.81196de3d37afa3de1c3decb2781fd7e.png

• Level 5*

It really helps to mention which Evernote client you are using (Windows, Max, Android, iOS, web), as well as the version number, so that other users can help your better.

In the case of the Evernote client for Windows, I've never noticed that the ability to copy a note to a different notebook was ever lost, up to and including the current 6.15.1 beta. Up until a coupe of weeks ago, I used this to copy a particular template note to a different notebook on a weekly basis. In  other words, it appears to be working.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:33 PM, jefito said:

In the case of the Evernote client for Windows, I've never notices that the ability to copy a note to a different notebook was ever lost, up to and including the current 6.15.1 beta.

That has been my experience as well.    Here is a screen shot from my Windows client -- most current GA version as of today.

image.thumb.png.80ceddbe7b680709e75b11a7d283219d.png 

Archived