Evernote frozen on "Contacting Server"

Evernote was running smoothly until i installed some softwares such as PRTG(port/bandwidth/latency monitoring software), NetBalancer(Allows windows to give bandwidth priority to desired apps). Later when i opened Evernote, it freezes on "Contacting Server" and nothing happens even after waiting 10 minutes. 

I then uninstalled these newly installed apps, and opened evernote again but still its stuck. then i uninstalled evernote itself and rebooted my PC and reinstalled but still that issue persists. Just guessing, i think the Netbalancer software did something wrong with connectivity of softwares to the internet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

On 8/26/2018 at 1:58 AM, Arjun S said:

Evernote was running smoothly until i installed some softwares such as PRTG(port/bandwidth/latency monitoring software), NetBalancer(Allows windows to give bandwidth priority to desired apps). Later when i opened Evernote, it freezes on "Contacting Server" and nothing happens even after waiting 10 minutes. 

I then uninstalled these newly installed apps, and opened evernote again but still its stuck. then i uninstalled evernote itself and rebooted my PC and reinstalled but still that issue persists. Just guessing, i think the Netbalancer software did something wrong with connectivity of softwares to the internet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Any other apps having the issue after the other software installed? Or is it just Evernote?

• Level 5*
On 8/26/2018 at 1:58 AM, Arjun S said:

What does your Evernote Activity Log (Help / Activity Log...) say?

18 hours ago, TK0047 said:

Any other apps having the issue after the other software installed? Or is it just Evernote?

Just Evernote, rest of the softwares are working perfectly.

16 hours ago, jefito said:

What does your Evernote Activity Log (Help / Activity Log...) say?

I cant open the Evernote Software after installation in the first place. so i cant access Help/Activity Log.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Arjun S said:

I cant open the Evernote Software after installation in the first place. so i cant access Help/Activity Log.

The logs are written to disk in a folder nest to the one that contains your Evernote database file (<blah>.exb). If that's <path>\Databases, then the logs are in <path>\Logs, and their names are like AppLog_<date>.txt

3 hours ago, jefito said:

The logs are written to disk in a folder nest to the one that contains your Evernote database file (<blah>.exb). If that's <path>\Databases, then the logs are in <path>\Logs, and their names are like AppLog_<date>.txt

Thanks for the reply!

Ii searched for the database file everywhere but did not found it because the database has not been created as Evernote hasn't gained access to my Account so it dint generated Data. you can see in the attached screenshot, the folder is empty. FYI i also looked in the Users/Appdata section but there isn't any folder named evernote.

Capture.PNG

Archived