Keyboard shortcut to get to the Top List and select notes?

KW_S

Idea

I've got most of the major keyboard shortcuts memorized but once I'm in a note and finished editing,  I can't find a way to jump back up to the Top List view where the note headers are shown to select another note. Anyone have a keyboard shortcut for this?

Thanks.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

In the Windows program, the Esc key will return you to the Note List

Not in the more current versions, Esc doesn't work.  F2 - Back Tab (Note title - Note List) is what you have to do now.

I'm just glad I didn't set up any PhraseExpress hotkeys using the Esc....

• Level 5
13 minutes ago, CalS said:

Not in the more current versions, Esc doesn't work.  F2 - Back Tab (Note title - Note List) is what you have to do now.

I'm just glad I didn't set up any PhraseExpress hotkeys using the Esc....

Crud, sorry--still using a more functional version, but planning to upgrade to 6.14 or 6.15, which finally seem usable. One question: Back Tab = Shift+Tab?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, KW_S said:

I've got most of the major keyboard shortcuts memorized but once I'm in a note and finished editing,  I can't find a way to jump back up to the Top List view where the note headers are shown to select another note. Anyone have a keyboard shortcut for this?

Mac - Sorry, I know of no delivered keyboard shortcuts for switching to the note list 

On my Mac, I use Fastscripts to assign keyboard shortcuts to scripts,
I have a script for the note list (set query string of window to searchQuery)

Macs also have 

⌘ J Jump to Notebook
  • Level 5
6 hours ago, ReganHouse37 said:

coming in late here... but I find F6 > Tab the better move.  They need to add a CTRL+something for this tho

Yes, that is a good alternative. Agreed, Ctrl+something (e.g., Ctrl+L would be obvious). Or just bring back good ol' Esc.

Archived