Can't see shared notebook

ENNJ

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Get your wife to check for an email from Evernote in her inbox / spam folders;  unshare the notebook and reshare it;  give it a day or so - sharing may initially be disabled in new accounts (I know she won't be able to share out) for reasons of spam and malware.

Was this ever solved? I am also experiencing this issue from my basic account to my fiancé’s basic account. I’ve tried unsharing and re-sharing with him, but still no dice. He can’t see the shared notes or notebooks in his note list or in the Shared With Me section of Evernote. It’s been several hours since the notes were re-shared. 

Update April 12: after 3 days, he finally got an email letting him know I was trying to share stuff with him. It still wasn’t displaying in the app, though. He had to click on the link in the email, log in via the web version, manually click “join notebook” on each one I was sharing with him, and then logged out and back in to the mobile app. Some BS. For something that should be one and done, but we’re just glad it’s working now. 

Edited by AbbyD
Situation “resolved”

On 4/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, AbbyD said:

Was this ever solved? I am also experiencing this issue from my basic account to my fiancé’s basic account. I’ve tried unsharing and re-sharing with him, but still no dice. He can’t see the shared notes or notebooks in his note list or in the Shared With Me section of Evernote. It’s been several hours since the notes were re-shared. 

Update April 12: after 3 days, he finally got an email letting him know I was trying to share stuff with him. It still wasn’t displaying in the app, though. He had to click on the link in the email, log in via the web version, manually click “join notebook” on each one I was sharing with him, and then logged out and back in to the mobile app. Some BS. For something that should be one and done, but we’re just glad it’s working now. 

Had the same problem here, my fiancée has a new account and coundn't open a shared note that I sent. The way I resolved was logging in from Chrome on PC with the link of the email she received with the invitation. After that, the note appeared on the "Shared with Me iPhone" folder too.

Couldn't resolve it logging in the same way from Safari for iPhone.

• Level 5*
On 10/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, Kim Abrams said:

I am not getting notebooks shared with me.  Is there a setting I am missing?

Hi.  It's better to start a new thread that patch on to an old one because then we at least know with some confidence what device and OS you're using and what Evernote version you have. 

• Please confirm all of the above as well as:
  • Are you a new user?
  • Are your shared notes coming from a new user?
  • Did you receive any emailed invitations?
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, Bart Balasbas said:

Please help. Thank you!

On 10/5/2022 at 11:20 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  It's better to start a new thread that patch on to an old one because then we at least know with some confidence what device and OS you're using and what Evernote version you have. 

• Please confirm all of the above as well as:
  • Are you a new user?
  • Are your shared notes coming from a new user?
  • Did you receive any emailed invitations?

>