Notification when conflicts happen?

Once a while a see a note in the Conflicting Changes location. It's bad enough that Evernote doesn't offer any mechanism to resolve them and I have to do it manually using a diff app.

Why doesn't it show a clear notification message when a conflict happens? I only know about these conflicts when I I look in that location or when I do a search and I find out the same note is showing up multiple times in the search results.

• 2 months later...

Update #2 - not totally confused. Operation is inconsistent. I forced a conflict by updating the same note on windows and android, while my android phone was offline - I ended up with TWO notes on the phone - one with the original name, and one with the name prefixed with "Note Conflict." Nothing in Conflicting Changes notebook.

I only saw this new note because I had my view sorted by Recently Updated. If it was sorted by name, the Note Conflict would have been hiding somewhere else in my list of notes.

Can we agree this is bad design?

Again - NOTIFICATION is needed.

Update #1 - now I am confused - I created a conflict and got one of the updates in a Conflict Changes notebook. Still not good enough in my mind - but I know I have had conflicts that did not do this... My wife ended up with one of her critical notes with conflicts within conflicts within conflicts..

Any history on how conflicts have been handled over time? Of in different versions or levels of Evernote?

And I still want a notification.

Original message:

I AGREE! It is NOT SATISFACTORY to passively create some data that identifies an update conflict has occurred. I want a NOTIFICATION - a FLASHNG BILLBOARD that says "YOU HAD AN UPDATE CONFLICT." If you have one, and don't know it, you can end up with conflicts that include OTHER, OLDER conflicts. At that point, you have to manually rebuild your note...

I cannot believe your corporate customers accept this. Fix it for them, and then we will all benefit.

Currently I use an outside reminder to search for the word "conflict" in Evernote every 2 weeks. I haven't had any for a while, but I still worry about it. And I don't think the "Conflict Changes" notebook still exists - wasn't that an old feature that disappeared? Not that that is adequate - but at least you MIGHT notice it...

Evernote - fix this!

Dan Kronstadt
Long-time evernote user...

Archived