CTRL + ALT + L -or- Menu> Note> Copy Internal Link | Triggers Sync ...Is This Right?

I'm referring to my latest version of EN (6.11.2.7027) installed on my Windows 10 64bit laptop.

Occasionally I will create a separate TOC-Table of Contents note inside a Notebook from where I can then navigate to other individual and separate notes by clicking an EN 'IN-APP' Link.  However, of late I've noticed that regardless of the path I take to create the IN-APP link (see topic-subject line) triggers an EN Sync process to initiate!  Is this right?...I thought only F9 was the shortcut!?

I have setup my EN options so that EN auto-syncs every 10 minutes.

My issue, again, is that when I create a new Note then do a CTRL + ALT + L  -or-  Menu> Note> Copy Internal Link  ...it Triggers EN to commence a Sync!?

Normally F9 is my goto if I wish to sync.....and it continues to work fine.

What is the problem here guys???

Thanks
Rick

PS I have raised a ticket and will provide EN's answer here also.

1 MINUTE LATER

I also just made another observation....This is only happening with Notes newly created...Notes i have just finsihed creating! weird!

The issue does not occur with 'pre-existing' notes...STRANGE

I think a note needs to exist on the server for a link to be created (probably to assign it a reliable unique ID) which is why a sync automatically initiates when you request a note link for a newly created note. As far as I remember, this behaviour has been around for a long while.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, logandb said:

As far as I remember, this behaviour has been around for a long while.

I'd agree...  :)

I believe the internal links work off UID codes that are initially assigned by the server,  so the note has to be catalogued there first before any link can be created.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, RavBoy said:

The issue does not occur with 'pre-existing' notes...STRANGE

Per the above, you can't get an internal link for a note until it has been synced.  Should you try, EN will force a sync.

• Level 5*

We used to get a message on the Mac that the Note has to sync first.
This is no longer the case.  In fact, links can be created without an internet connection

edit

Offline access for links also works for the iPad

>>Welp - that's Macs for you:  they do stuff differently...  ?

Great slogan Think Different (Here's to the crazy ones)
I'll go with  "It Just Works"

Archived