Evernote for Windows 6.14 GA bugs

• Level 5*

1. Can't rename or delete tags in a note when right-clicking on a tag attached to a note, if the tag is hidden due to lack of screen space in the note.

2. Double tapping on a word on a touch screen is now recognized as a right click instead of select, where the right click menu blocks the selection arrow behind it.

3. The option to uncheck "Show notification when context is available" is now ignored and the notification is still displayed.

4. Assign tags window (Ctrl+Alt+T) does no longer display the full tag names, as they are cut off if longer.

5. Copy+pasting text from a Word document now only preserves rich text formatting sometimes.

6. The new Notebooks view is still way to slow to be of any use.

7. The scroll bar in the side/top list still doesn't work.

some of the bugs I've seen that are still in this version:

Tags turn "invisible". Reported 2018-03-21

http://www.evernote.com/l/AJDRYO7yD5pNGqe8lTVHvR9A-JyKoYf4NZA/

activty list - no sort order?  appears random - reported 2018-07-21

Oh.. and horizontal rules are a mess.  Sometimes display, sometimes don't.  

And.. aside from invisible tags.. my biggest problem to date is cross platform syncing just isn't working very well at all with shortcuts.  I add and remove shortcuts daily, but they don't sync properly between platforms - I end up with shortcuts that were added (and sync'd) on windows, then wiped out when loading on ios/android and it just seems to be a bit of a routine messing around to get them back right each time.  Evernote offers to sync the shortcuts so, please do so (properly).  I know I reported this one before too, just didn't make a note about it other than when ALL my shortcuts were wiped out:

All shortcuts wiped out - reported 2018-07-18

Otherwise, hey, it's a pretty new green color and icon restyling which is appreciated as that was high on my 'evernote wishlist'.

• Level 5*

Two bugs for me

1. My dictionary got hosed in the upgrade, I now have two files on my desktop, Custom Dictionary.txt and Custom Dictionary.txt.backup
  2. Can't drag text from a note in the main window to a note in its own window.  Looks like it is working, but nothing happens.

Tickets created on both.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AndreasM said:

And the company is forcing us to upgrade to this buggy version!!!!! This is ridiculous, but for some gurus it will be fine. What a sick situation. 

Well Evernote are pretty much forced themselves to act when they have identified serious security risks. So the problem isn't them forcing us to upgrade as that is the responsible thing to do. The problem is the current status of the current version, which unfortunately happens to coincide with them having to force us to upgrade. And the current status is mainly a problem because there is a clear lack of relationship between the feedback given by the users in the beta threads, and the decision to keep pushing out new GA versions to the public on a regular basis as if there were some absolute release calendar.

A new version of Evernote used to be something to always looks forward to. The worst that could happen was pretty much some new UI changes that you didn't like. But since about a year back, upgrading has been a bit more like russian roulette. Even though I myself quite like the new PDF viewer and its ability to scroll (since I never had a workflow dependent on drag-and-drop etc.), I still sympathize with everyone who use Evernote as its GTD system etc., and who has been using that system for a long time and according to the numerous books and blog posts written based on how Evernote works. Due to the backlash I really though Evernote were gonna bring back the old PDF viewer or at least openly guarantee that drag-and-drop will be incorporated in the near future.

Now the major Focus-bug seems to have been fixed in 6.14, so I hope that is a sign that 6.15 will bring even more major bug-fixing. (the new Notebook view can wait)

Evernote 6.14. (latest version) does not open at all on my Windows 10 (64 Bit). I get a "fatal error." 

I uninstalled the latest version and installed the version on the post below and it's working. I will go back to the newest version once it's working on Windows 10...

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/115348-evernote-for-windows-update-required/

Archived