Problem with random note "editing"

Hi,

For some weird reason, I find that every now and then a bunch of notes (always the same ones) will jump to the top of my recently edited list, when I know for certain they have NOT been opened, let alone edited.  I tried finding a solution, but not luck so far...

Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated

Cheers!

That's correct.

Yesterday I made a new note on my phone and then a couple of hours later opened up Evernote on my PC (website) expecting to find this note at the top of the list (sorted by "Date updated (newest first)".   However, within the top 10 notes were some that I haven't touched in a couple of years.  The order of these notes is the same in the app on my android phone, but the Windows App on my Surface laptop presents the notes in the order I expect to see them, which is good, but confusing.

Thanks for the reply, I hope you can provide some clarity on this.

• Level 5*

Not guaranteeing clarity,  but I also use Android and Windows,  and I have noticed that when I create a new note on my phone it doesn't always sync to my desktop as quickly as I would like.  If you make a note and set the phone down,  it doesn't seem to sync that note immediately.  My phone blanks the display and (presumably) sleeps to save power,  which means Evernote waits for the next time I use it - which is usually to go into Evernote and start a manual sync so I can get to the new note

And of course syncing the Android can be only half the equation - once it has synced the note to the server,  you have to sync your PC (for the installed version).

Manually syncing the phone when you finish editing  -or while your PC boots up- should get you the note at the top of your list.  Why the other guys are there,  I have no idea.  If the update date shows something recent and you didn't edit the note,  does anyone or any other app have access to your notes?

I tried manually syncing, and the weird thing is that the Windows installed Evernote has the notes in the "correct" order - it's only the android app/webpage that are problematic.  I'm not aware of any other apps that have access to the notes, nor are they shared with anyone (and they come from different notebooks as well).  Funny thing is that it seems to be the same notes that jump to the top of the recently updated list, so I wonder if there is something about those notes specifically that causes them to appear updated.  They don't have reminders associated with them.

I guess I'll chalk this one up to the vagaries of the internet ? I appreciate the replies!

Archived