Bring Back the List View - Not Available in New Version

pbg

Idea

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 8/8/2018 at 7:55 AM, pbg said:

I will not change to the newer version of Evernote because "list view" is not available.  Please bring it back.

This might be clearer if you identify your device/platform.

I have list view on my Mac.

edited: The discussion has been moved to the Windows forum.

For some reason, I just don't get it.  I've spent a lot of time on this with no success. I wish I could see a clear, easy-to-understand video that shows the exact steps needed to generate a list view in the updated version of Evernote.  

I know this is not brain surgery but, for some reason, I can't figure this out.  Reminds me of my days taking courses in advanced statistics.  That is, I just don't get it.

I can not figure out how to get the view that you show.  There is not a drop box next to the search box in the view that I see.   How do I change from the view below to the view that shows the drop box?

image.thumb.png.86b3b5ff662fc9ea4a0851472af3d7f6.png

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, pbg said:

I can not figure out how to get the view that you show.  There is not a drop box next to the search box in the view that I see.   How do I change from the view below to the view that shows the drop box?

You're using the Evernote web client, not the native Windows client; in fact, it's the new web beta. The "drop box" that you're referring to doesn't exist in the web beta, and neither does the list view, for that matter. If you have access to the old "classic" web client, you can switch to it by going to your account settings.

Moving to a web client specific forum.

That is what I suspected.  This leads me to my next question -- I depend upon Evernote's classic version.  And, as you probably know, I do not like the newer versions of Evernote.  Is there a chance that the classic version will be discontinued?

If so, I need to get prepared.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, pbg said:

That is what I suspected.  This leads me to my next question -- I depend upon Evernote's classic version.  And, as you probably know, I do not like the newer versions of Evernote.  Is there a chance that the classic version will be discontinued?

If so, I need to get prepared.

Your guess is probably as good as anyone's relative to when the classic version will be mothballed if the new version is successful.  I doubt EN will announce anything in the near term.

Archived