This shouldn't be hard. I can't log into app on Windows

• Level 5*

I don't understand what the owner of the network having a gmail account has to do with anything.

What is the error message you are getting? Have you verified the credientials by logging into the web service at www.evernote.com?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, sherrman@atlasoutdoor.com said:

I just want to log into the downloaded app on Windows.  Worked ok yesteray.

I'm able to use the dowloaded app on my computer.

1) I locate the app icon, and click to launch the app

2) I enter my userid and password

Where is this failing for  you and what messages are you seeing.

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, sherrman@atlasoutdoor.com said:

It's not my gmail account, so I can't use it to log in.  Yes, I can log into the Evernote web service. The app will not take the same log in credentials....wait!

You have the magic touch.  I just tried it again and it looks like it's working now.  What caused the change do you think, in case it happens again.

Thanks!

It has to be user error of some sort. Unless there was an intermittent glitch with the EN service, but there was no notice today of downtime or log in issues.

That is why I always test with the website, to rule out any proxy or weird networking issues that you cannot easily see with an app login.

Glad you got up and running!

3 hours ago, sherrman@atlasoutdoor.com said:

The issue was the app was telling me I had the wrong user name and password combo

It sounds as though you may have been on the 'New to Evernote' tab. That's the default when you first install the program. Since the user already exists, you can't create it. The second time you probably logged in via the 'Already have an account' tab. That's an easy mistake to make. (Yes, even I do it when testing a change!)

Archived