Better Web Clipping on iOS via Share option

I have recently had a play with the bear app on iOS.  There's a few things it does a little better than Evernote, like basic text editing and consistency of user interface, but there's one particularly stand out feature for me; and that's web clipping via the share menu.  When sharing a web page to Evernote this way, a link is embedded into a note.  This has never worked for me as I am always after the content in the article I'm looking to clip and often times web links break over time, so it doesn't keep something for the long term.  In the Bear app, the app dialogue that appears when sharing the page to Bear is much more advanced, with many more options.  You can choose to create new note, append or prepend to an existing note.  You can also choose whether to share the link, a titled link, or the page content.

For me, the Evernote app is still the far better solution overall for all the various uses and workflows I have, but this one feature would really improve the usability of the app for me.

Is this something that can be implemented?  Is it already on a roadmap?  If not, why?

Many thanks in advance, and if you're interested in seeing just how well this is implemented in Bear, just download it for free and give it a go!

Archived