Delete a Single Page from PDF???

sarahcarioca

Idea

I use ScanSnap to scan everything in my life directly to evernote. Up until recently I have been able to double click the pdf, open in preview, delete or rotate single pages as needed, and the pdf saves with changes back to the orginal note. Now it seems I have to create a new file with the changes and it doesn't go back into evernote. Am I missing something or has evernote changed for the worse??

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It's working for me.
I right-click to open the pdf in Preview; it's not my default pdf application
I update the pdf, save, and it;'s updated in Evernote.

Are you current on you OS and Evernote versions?
There were problems in the past but they've been long resolved.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, sarahcarioca said:

I use ScanSnap to scan everything in my life directly to evernote. Up until recently I have been able to double click the pdf, open in preview, delete or rotate single pages as needed, and the pdf saves with changes back to the orginal note. Now it seems I have to create a new file with the changes and it doesn't go back into evernote. Am I missing something or has evernote changed for the worse??

Make sure to not save the PDF anywhere else except in the folder that Evernote creates for it. Otherwise, the changes will not be synced back.

On 7/30/2018 at 9:03 AM, macfixer said:

Make sure to not save the PDF anywhere else except in the folder that Evernote creates for it. Otherwise, the changes will not be synced back.

ScanSnap currently scans it direclty to evernote and copies it to a folder on my harddrive as backup. It's always done this and I've never had a problem editing notes until about a month ago... but are you saying I should stop the copy to the harddrive on the original scan?

Like the original poster, I often used to delete unwanted pages by opening in Mac OS preview, deleting pages and having Evernote update them when I saved them in Preview.  This stopped working a while ago - Preview displays a warning on making changes that it is making a copy because it cannot edit the original and when you exit out of it, unsurprisingly the update isn't reflected in Evernote.

I've found a new method that works for me though.  Right click on the PDF in the Evernote window which offers "Annotate this PDF".

In the annotation tool window, down the right hand side, you have thumbnails of each page.  Right click on the thumbnail for a page you want to delete and you are offered "Delete page".

When you close the annotator, you get a message that the attachment has been updated and sure enough, it has.