If evernote is synced between laptop and android , and the android app gets deleted , will the synced data on the laptop also dissappear?

Hello,

I have been using Evernote for over a year and I find it really helpful. There is one thing that has been concerning me though. I have synced my Evernote between my Windows laptop and Android. I am not a premium user , so most of the files on my Evernote are not stored on cloud. So I was wondering , if I delete my android Evernote will the synced data on my laptop be deleted as well? As you know it is not stored on cloud.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
On 7/28/2018 at 6:54 AM, Dr Pepe said:

So I was wondering , if I delete my android Evernote will the synced data on my laptop be deleted as well? As you know it is not stored on cloud.

No, deleting your Android device will not result in lost data
Make sure you sync first.

The sync process is     device <>  server (cloud) <>  device
- there is no device <> device sync
Sync'd data is stored in the cloud

• Level 5*

If evernote is synced between laptop and android , and the android app gets deleted , will the synced data on the laptop also dissappear?

A device always syncs to the Evernote servers; a device never syncs directly to another device. So if your Android device is correctly synced to the Evernote servers, then that data can successfully be synced to your laptop. And vice-versa.

[Device (e.g. Android)] <--> [Evernote servers] <--> [Other device (e.g. laptop)]

• Level 5
On 7/28/2018 at 9:54 AM, Dr Pepe said:

Hello,

I have been using Evernote for over a year and I find it really helpful. There is one thing that has been concerning me though. I have synced my Evernote between my Windows laptop and Android. I am not a premium user , so most of the files on my Evernote are not stored on cloud. So I was wondering , if I delete my android Evernote will the synced data on my laptop be deleted as well? As you know it is not stored on cloud.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

Hi, Dr Pepe, and welcome to the forums! To expand on what @DTLow and @jefito have said, your Evernote notes, including any attachments to them, are stored in the cloud. Evernote is entirely cloud-based, and the master copies of all notes are on their servers. (See the info on Evernote syncing here.) On a Windows laptop or desktop, copies of the notes are downloaded to the computer, and changes made there are synced back to the Evernote cloud servers. On an Android or other mobile device, only some index-type material is downloaded to the phone, to save space; notes are downloaded only as needed to be viewed or edited. (Exception: any notebooks you have designated as "offline" will be downloaded completely. See info here.) Again, syncing the app on the phone syncs those edits to the Evernote servers.

So bottom line, do a sync on your Android Evernote app first, and anything you've done there will be synced to the EN cloud servers, and will be reproduced on your laptop. You can confirm that if you want to before you uninstall the app from your Android device. Uninstalling the app has no effect on data that has already been synced to the EN servers.

Archived