The Evernote editor is one of the most frustrating editors I've ever used.

Fonts never stay consistent.  Bullet lists and indentations constantly break.  Line separators disappear.  In the web editor, I tried to paste a basic list of unformatted text from notepad into a note, highlighted the text and clicked bullet list and it put one bullet on the first item and indented the rest.  To get bullets on the rest I have to fight with the editor and manually manipulate each item on the list.  Why?!  This thing is a complete mess and it's main function is to be a way to take notes with a text editor.  The same note will look totally different in the full client, phone app or web version.  Please fix this or I'll have to find another product to spend my money on.

• Level 5*

The Evernote editor is definitely not one of my primary editor tools.
It's ok for basic notes, but I use dedicated editors for serious work; Word/Pages for word processing, Excel/Numbers for spreadsheets, ...
Notes can contain files of any format; Evernote works well with PDFs, image files, Office/iWork documents.

On 7/25/2018 at 6:51 PM, ElessarJD said:

Fonts never stay consistent.  Bullet lists and indentations constantly break.  Line separators disappear.  In the web editor, I tried to paste a basic list of unformatted text from notepad into a note, highlighted the text and clicked bullet list and it put one bullet on the first item and indented the rest.  To get bullets on the rest I have to fight with the editor and manually manipulate each item on the list.  Why?!  This thing is a complete mess and it's main function is to be a way to take notes with a text editor.  The same note will look totally different in the full client, phone app or web version.  Please fix this or I'll have to find another product to spend my money on.

Have you tried Word or Google Docs? Evernote is not a word processing app.

I agree that for "word processing" and for more "serious" editor needs, utilize something else like MS Word, but it sounds like he is not happy with the editor as for basic formatting and for the note taking purposes. (that's my take at least).

@ElessarJD Can you expand on type of note you are creating? 

Archived