(Archived) Sharing without web access

Hi!

Is there

a) any way to share something (apparantly only notebooks can be shared) using the standalone windows program for EverNote only

:) a way that allows users with whom I share to see (and work with) my shared notebooks in their installation of the standalone windows program?

For B) it currently seems as if the shared notebooks can only be edited via the web-bases interface :-(

Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Currently, the recipient of a shared notebook can only access that from the web. We plan to add support in our desktop clients to access shared notebooks directly from our native applications.

Thanks

This cannot come soon enough for me. Please ensure that shared folders may be viewed across all Evernote clients. Evernote is always open/running/in-use on my Mac and iPhone. I NEVER login to the online account and have no desire to... ever. It's just not feasible for someone on the go!

Thanks in advance!

Well I was about to buy premium accounts for my staff in my department so that we could begin sharing notes, etc. Glad I found this forum post before I did that. Sharing notes via the web browser isn't very appealing. Hopefully our comments will help in showing the desire and need for sharing notebooks across all the platforms. (I also hope they pick up on the fact that they would've made more $$$ off of me if they had already implemented sharing across all the clients!)

• Level 5*
Well I was about to buy premium accounts for my staff in my department so that we could begin sharing notes, etc. Glad I found this forum post before I did that. Sharing notes via the web browser isn't very appealing. Hopefully our comments will help in showing the desire and need for sharing notebooks across all the platforms.

As stated above, they know about the need; their stated plan is to implement it. Timetable unknown.

(I also hope they pick up on the fact that they would've made more $$$ off of me if they had already implemented sharing across all the clients!)

Good thing you pointed that out -- they might have missed it.

~Jeff

Archived