Permenantly Rotate PDFs

Hi there,

I am a historian working with pdf images of newspaper pages. Due to the way these images were taken they are often rotated. Is there a way to permanently rotate the images within evernote itself? I would do it outside of evernote but I have far too many images to reupload.

Thanks!

On 7/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, HistoryBruh said:

Hi there,

I am a historian working with pdf images of newspaper pages. Due to the way these images were taken they are often rotated. Is there a way to permanently rotate the images within evernote itself? I would do it outside of evernote but I have far too many images to reupload.

Thanks!

If you have a PDF writer and you open your file from Evernote with that app, you can rotate and save. Once you save it, it will display properly within Evernote. You will not need to re-upload.

In my example below, I have an Adobe Pro where I can rotate the pages. Right click on the PDF, click OPEN to open with my default PDF app which is Adobe PRO. If your default is not set, you can select OPEN WITH.

image.thumb.png.fab190b76f3bfae26cd9f01fb0c78212.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks! However, part of the problem is that I have hundreds of pdfs. Is there any way to do it from within evernote itself? I feel that would be substantially quicker. If not ill get to work using your method.

18 hours ago, HistoryBruh said:

Thanks! However, part of the problem is that I have hundreds of pdfs. Is there any way to do it from within evernote itself? I feel that would be substantially quicker. If not ill get to work using your method.

Photo files have the ROTATE option within Evernote however PDFs will require you open them so I don't think there is a quicker way of doing it within Evernote.

I am not sure if there is an Auto-Rotate software out there, that you can move all PDFs into a folder then the app can process each one of them. It may still be a lot of work, since you have to send them back to Evernote. 

Therefore, do one by one, start small and in time it will be done. 

Archived