Search bar missing 'x' to clear it; Quick search not working

I just upgraded to 6.13.14.74.74 and noticed that there is no longer a way to clear the search box using the mouse. I know I can use the escape key but I don't think I should have to alternate between the mouse and the keyboard. This is also a problem with the Notes list when trying to scroll to top or bottom or to a specific note using the mouse.

Maybe it's just me but the Quick Search function has stopped working. I was hoping to use it since the Search text box clearing is not available. If I type "xyz" (for example) in the search box I get 30 notes (out of 8,400). If I type this into the Quick Search it shows 0 notes unless I then click on the search icon in the right of the search bar.

These seem like some pretty bad regressions. Should I back up to a prior release?

I'm running this version (since 3 minutes ;-) and cannot see your problem. Quick search (Ctrl-Q) contains a working X-button. And there is no problem while scrolling the notes list (I'm working in Top List format (Ctrl-F7).

For me there's not problem with the search at all (I've synced completely - not "on demand"). Maybe you use Tools > Options > Synchonizaton > [X] Enable on demand?. In this case, EN might search your local notes first (finding nothing) before starting a search on server site (finding more...). I suggest to remove this setting...

@"Should I back up to a prior release?": Depends on where You come from ;-). For me, 6.13.14 is the best version since 6.8. I was happy with 6.7 for a very long time but had to move to new ones because of some Business features that are not available with this pretty stable version. You are a Premium user - so you might be happy with the version you were running before 6.13.14. Or go back to 6.7...

Archived