Add keyboard shortcut to "Add a Reminder"

khalidnajm

Idea

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 7/22/2018 at 5:10 AM, khalidnajm said:

It currently isn't possible and it'll make our use of Evernote a lot more efficient.

For sure.  You can simulate keyboard shortcuts for reminders using PhraseExpress or AutoHotkey.  Personally I created Create with date, Change date, and Close (Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3).  Works until/if EN adds the capability.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, yiming said:

Need it urgently for 2020 goals

My solution is an Applescript with shortcut command-option-R    
tell application "Evernote" to set reminder time of theNote to date ...

On 12/28/2019 at 12:54 AM, DTLow said:

My solution is an Applescript with shortcut command-option-R    
tell application "Evernote" to set reminder time of theNote to date ...

Can you share the AppleScript please?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TonyLim said:

Can you share the AppleScript please?

Your post includes the actual script command (tell application "Evernote" to ...)
Be aware - Applescript integration is no longer supported by the Evernote v10 product

Since this is resurfaced... hopefully Evernote v10 can just add a keyboard shortcut to open the set reminder screen... seems like a light-weight lift (but what do I know, a there are a number of other things like sorting search results by any column that I would have thought are light-weight lifts, but we are still waiting)

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

Your post includes the actual script command (tell application "Evernote" to ...)
Be aware - Applescript integration is no longer supported by the Evernote v10 product

ok.  So using AppleScript is not an option/solution now.  Still need to wait for Evernote, which we have waited since 2018 or earlier.

• Level 5*

Or as stated above roll your own if you get tired of waiting.  I use Autohorkey for reminder actions and searches.  Have had the benefit for a few years now.  Also use AHK in other apps where there is a missing hotkey or a repetitive process (like cleaning up and forwarding mail while adding notebooks and tags).  From my dipping of toes into desktop V10 I will have more to add if I end up going that way.  FWIW.