Evernote for iOS 8.14 Released

annah

Idea

• Ex Employees

Hi all, we just released 8.14 to the App Store. As always, let us know of any issues or feedback you may have. Thanks!

Release Notes: 

New:
• Now you can use Siri to set reminders in Evernote. Try “Hey Siri, remind me to leave work at 5PM in Evernote.” Yep, our integration just got even more awesome.
• We’ve polished things up with a few design tweaks, so it’s easier to focus on your notes.

Fixed:
• When you scrolled through your list of tags, the keyboard would stop you from seeing all the way to the bottom. Bad keyboard! Very bad!
• If you had a lot of notes on your iPhone X (and we mean A LOT!), scrolling through the whole list would sometimes cause the app to crash. And that’s no way to treat a power user, is it?
• When you opened a note from the suggested search results, you could play an audio file but the controls were missing. Now you’re back in the driver’s seat.
• If you copied and pasted a table from Excel, it would show up as an image that you couldn’t edit. The only constant in life is change, so we fixed that.
• Split View is great on the iPad, but closing and reopening Evernote would sometimes cause a note to disappear. Since disappearing is only good if you’re a magician, we squashed that bug.
• Sometimes the keyboard wouldn’t pop up if you were trying to share and edit a note. Things should be back to normal now though.
• Your photos would stop uploading to a note as soon as you clicked Done. That’s probably not what you wanted, so now they’ll quietly upload in the background.
• When you locked your iPad in landscape mode, the Evernote camera wouldn’t stay with you. That made your pictures look weird, so we fixed the glitch.

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Fixed;

• The (i) icon has been restored (iPad)

Not fixed;

• Unable to access the IOS share menu without creating a public share link.

There are now huge spaces in the notes list, so you only see some of them. Funny thing is the spaces are the same no matter whether you select “small”, “medium” or “large”.

The “i” icon is not restored for my phone. 

It is still not possible to set reminders without a date from the note (only from the notes list). 

72ED9033-3EC8-4BAD-A70D-8EA38E974B32.png

DFA3BFE5-4C28-451C-8A46-4D83D3266EB2.png

E043810F-A523-4B93-B6CF-397E3D1EA1B1.jpeg

After deleting and installing the app ~10 times, I now got the „i“ icon and the old way to set reminders back. 

However, it is still not possible to set reminders without a due date from within a note and the gaps in the notes list are still there. 

If we want to report glitches/bugs/strange „features“, is there any way to communicate which version of the A/B/...n... test we are using?

• Level 5*
On 7/17/2018 at 5:23 PM, annah said:

We’ve polished things up with a few design tweaks, so it’s easier to focus on your notes.

What exactly does that mean?  Hopefully not fewer notes per screen...  which I'm thinking it does....  which doesn't make it easier...   and may not be considered a design tweak by some....

Or is it my memory failing again.

• Level 5*

And the big green button lives on blocking part of the title for the note on the bottom of the list, should you stop the scroll at the right point..

Scrolling through the list of my notes (about 4000 of them) still feels slow as molasses even on an iPhone X due to low frame rate and stuttering.

By the way, the new list layout manages to fit even less useful information into a screenful of notes. I hope the trend is reversed before we get a single-note-title-per-screen UI that takes 10 seconds to load the next note.

Are we still having problems with table width? Or is it only me? (Just want to confirm before reporting it).

Since the implementation of a "scroll viewing" for the table width issue, I'm experiencing a number of different variations of the problem. One such thing is this. The table was resized to very thin strips (it should be displayed on full- size) and also combined to the "scroll viewing". The part that is "hidden" or "cropped" from view can be seen if one slides it to the sides. So, it's becoming annoying as it is intermittent (not all notes are presenting the same problem, some have just been resized to half the window, but still being resized). 

photo-2.jpg

Some previous issues fixed coming back with this update. The last note edited is shown for a second before password window appears.

GPS location is not always saved on a new note even though connected in 4G and the GPS location is shown when entering the note. And still impossible to check notes on a map (apparently won’t ever be possible again).

And as usual, EN cannot remember the last note/notebook opened and will start every time on the main page even after only few minutes out of the app.

• Level 5*

Bug report.

Stumbled on this as I was looking for something, search isn't working correctly on IOS and web versus PC anyway. 

I save receipts in a notebook, all the notes are PDFs.  I was looking for a vendor on my iPhone and couldn't find the note, made no sense since I knew I had scanned it.  Went to my PC and found it right away.  Did a bit of research and note counts for the search were 97 on the PC, 69 on the iPhone, and 67 on the web.  The web total was a bit of a surprise.  I use a ScanSnap which OCRs at scan time.

Anyhow, anyone else seeing similar issues?  I have created a trouble ticket.

I am very aggravated by how reminder date setup now works. It defaults to the next quarter hour, and the suggested future dates are useless for anyone attempting to manage reminders with specific times. 

In the old version, I could change the reminder time from, for example, 10:00 yesterday to 10:00 tomorrow. Now, when I attempt to set the time, all of yesterday's time data disappears and I have to figure out the date and time I want from scratch. 

PLEASE  change it back to how it was. If you want to improve it, give us 1-minute intervals instead of 15-minute intervals. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:36 AM, MissArdbeg said:

There are now huge spaces in the notes list, so you only see some of them. Funny thing is the spaces are the same no matter whether you select “small”, “medium” or “large”.

The “i” icon is not restored for my phone. 

It is still not possible to set reminders without a date from the note (only from the notes list). 

72ED9033-3EC8-4BAD-A70D-8EA38E974B32.png

DFA3BFE5-4C28-451C-8A46-4D83D3266EB2.png

E043810F-A523-4B93-B6CF-397E3D1EA1B1.jpeg

I have this exact issues with the latest update. It makes for endless scrolling even when working within a notebook. Also, the list side takes up over half of the screen space on the ipad in vertical orientation. I often work on a note with the list open. This really is a tremendous waste of screen space-- a sin against ergonomics of the first order!

Archived