Reminder column shows odd dates when clicking Reminder

When I click the Reminder icon in a note, I get some strange (random, it seems) dates populating in the Reminder column.

All of these notes had the Reminder icon clicked today and yet the dates seem completely random.

Some are today, some are four days from now and some are in October which is several months away.

Can anyone shed some light on why that would be and, while you're at it, what the Reminder date is supposed to reflect?

Screenshot attached.

Evernote_Reminder_anomaly.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Which version of the app are you using?  If it's a recent one,  it is usually better to highlight bugs and 'features' in the release thread* - developers will be actively watching there for feedback,  while out here in the Forum there are lots of other posts for the devs to read...

-And did you click on the add date/ time button to set a specific moment?  Or did you just hit the reminder icon?

I'm using 6.11.2.7027. Is that recent? It's been a while since I upgraded as far as I remember.

I only clicked on the Reminder icon. I didn't set any dates.

Do you know what this column is intended to be/do? What is the expected behavior?

• Level 5*

6.13 is the most recent update.  I don't remember any particular problems with reminder times - except that it's necessary to keep on setting an 0800 or 1200 standard if you use a fixed time,  otherwise the reminder comes up as in x days at (whatever's the current) time.  It does show up as that time in the list too...

You might want to upgrade,  via the route of uninstalling your current version and restarting / downloading / installing the latest version from Evernote.com.  If things don't improve with reminder times,  you've at least caught up with the current version and Evernote can look at fixing this - if it's a bug.

• Level 5*
On 7/18/2018 at 4:17 PM, hanseric said:

Do you know what this column is intended to be/do? What is the expected behavior?

I believe the date in the reminder column is when the reminder was added.  Reminder Time is the column where the time appears if you set a reminder time.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  There may be something weird going on.  60+ random reminders have a reminder (created?) date of 21/10/2019 (EU dating) regardless of the actual time of the reminder (due?) column.  Don't know where the 2019 date comes from.  (This list is sorted in Reminder order) 

I'll post a link to this thread in the latest release conversation in case it's relevant.

10696095_ScreenClip1.png.1949baff354f0538dd3ce0fbf61b497c.png

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  There may be something weird going on.  60+ random reminders have a reminder (created?) date of 21/10/2019 (EU dating) regardless of the actual time of the reminder (due?) column.  Don't know where the 2019 date comes from.  (This list is sorted in Reminder order) 

Yeah I would say something fishy with a 2019 date.  However, all my reminder (created or reminderorder?) dates look copacetic.  First from 07/03/13 (not EU) and the latest this morning.  Could be trouble ticket or GA post?

• Level 5

I don't usually use Top View, but I checked just now, and, sorting on the Reminder column, I find 2 notes with dates there of 2/23/2019 (one of which also has a reminder set for that same date and time), and 7 others with Reminder dates in August 2018 which obviously haven't happened yet (3 of which have reminders set for the identical dates and times). Why? And why should about half of the notes concerned have Reminder values equal to their Reminder Time values?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I don't usually use Top View, but I checked just now, and, sorting on the Reminder column, I find 2 notes with dates there of 2/23/2019 (one of which also has a reminder set for that same date and time), and 7 others with Reminder dates in August 2018 which obviously haven't happened yet (3 of which have reminders set for the identical dates and times). Why? And why should about half of the notes concerned have Reminder values equal to their Reminder Time values?

As discussed elsewhere (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/114910-evernote-for-windows-613-ga/#comment-511128, and nearby, and as confirmed by @rezecib) the values in the Reminder column don't nave much meaning or use to Evernote users. My guess is that they're initially given a value equal to the reminder time, but can change if you don't order your reminder list by date. Regardless, they're some integer value being displayed (for some unknown reason) as a date, but have no actual intrinsic date meaning.

• Level 5
On 7/21/2018 at 10:19 PM, jefito said:

As discussed elsewhere (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/114910-evernote-for-windows-613-ga/#comment-511128, and nearby, and as confirmed by @rezecib) the values in the Reminder column don't nave much meaning or use to Evernote users. My guess is that they're initially given a value equal to the reminder time, but can change if you don't order your reminder list by date. Regardless, they're some integer value being displayed (for some unknown reason) as a date, but have no actual intrinsic date meaning.

Thanks, Jeff! I appreciated rezecib's informative remark there: "this isn't supposed to really be human-readable. It looks like clients can set it, but they're not really supposed to." I grew up on a farm, so I would paraphrase this as, "Yes, it is possible to inspect the cow from that end, but it is not really necessary or enlightening, unless you are a veterinarian." :D

Archived