synching

gusv2007

Idea

Hello. I'm a basic user with Win 7 desktop and iphone. My resetting date is every 7th of the month. I didn't upload anything since then until today, about 1 MB notes from clipper, and the system says that I have almost reached the 60 MB limit. I logged in into the web and it says the same. I tried adding a small note from the web and nothing changed, even logging off and logging on. Any help?

7 replies to this idea

thank you for your response. But I didn't do any of that. Barely used it as i put on the message. It happened to me this thing some years ago but I don't remember what I did. It was something deleting a file in /user/app etc. I tried all the recommendations and nothing happened. I installed the new version which moved the database to /documents/evernote. So, you're saying that every time evernote syncs it consumes data, even if it did not add new content?

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, gusv2007 said:

So, you're saying that every time evernote syncs it consumes data, even if it did not add new content?

When you change a note, it will need to be synced. Notes that are synced do count against your upload limit, yes.

• Level 5*
On 7/18/2018 at 11:32 AM, gusv2007 said:

ok. But As I said before, I didn't change anything, just added a couple of notes from clipper not more than 1MB in total...

If you go to a list view and reverse sort by updated date, how many notes have an updated date on or after your cycle date?  What are the sizes of those notes.  This isn't precise if you updated any of the notes multiple times they would have been uploaded that number of times.  But it can be a ballpark.

Ok. A web page that showed 794 KB when I clipped it (and for some reason was duplicated) updated and downloaded the high resolution images instead of the thumbnail images...48MB of data...

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, gusv2007 said:

Ok. A web page that showed 794 KB when I clipped it (and for some reason was duplicated) updated and downloaded the high resolution images instead of the thumbnail images...48MB of data...

That'll do it.  If you are concerned about the monthly limit solutions that sometimes help are to print the page to PDF or copy/paste to a note in a local notebook.  Not the same as a simple clip, but the data makes its way into EN.  The note can always be moved to a synced notebook if the size is okay.  FWIW.

Archived